What Bonebridge does NOT have...?

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Writing in the section of general info it crossed my mind to open this topic regarding what Bonebridge users does not have within their devices:

1. connectivity: only through the Siemens miniTek streamer which often is - fitful...
  2. Waterwear: we don't have it and I haven't heard this will ever change,
  3. rechargeable batteries: nope, this we also don't have although I have never liked them not even with my hearing aid; all my mother's efforts to use them ended with disaster... :D
  4. although I don't use it but Javier wrote here how Diego used to use FM system in the school - nope, we can not connect them,
  5. remote control: Samba got it but there is no possibility to change program otherwise than over it; I do however appreciate that I have device with I can raise a little bit volume or lower it as fine-tunning option but I have almost extreme situation when I use my everyday program for all situations (I like my music program) and then enter into extremely noisy situation like restaurants, pizzerias, when I need to lower my background noise so mics automatically track speech so I can hear without effort in noise. A simple button on Samba for that would make situations more simple.
  6. ....

If there are any other propositions - please continue numbering... :)   Hopefully someone will read this...

• HearPeers Heroes

I read this and I'm interested in learning more. Have you asked MedEl directly if they will create a waterwear for this?

• HearPeers Heroes

I read this and I'm interested in learning more. Have you asked MedEl directly if they will create a waterwear for this?

Well - not really...

As I don't have an official representative in my country I can only write by myself directly to the HQ. 

I was hoping this would be a natural step forward but nothing has happened...:(

• HearPeers Heroes

In addition writing directly to MedEl, you can also post under visitor posts on Med El's Facebook page and they answer.

• HearPeers Heroes

You never know what they have in the works. They could be working on all your questions now. Generally you won't get the answers you are looking for until they are much closer. Be patient and keep the faith

• HearPeers Heroes

I know that Adam but - if I didn't write this I could think that they think about us and vice versa :D

I know that I will find out when time comes but reshaping of the product made present handling complications.

And... I feel well when I did this :)

• HearPeers Heroes

In addition writing directly to MedEl, you can also post under visitor posts on Med El's Facebook page and they answer.

Good proposition! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

They won't forget you Ivana. You just hear more about CIs because there are more of them out there.

• HearPeers Heroes

Medel I am sure is putting as much research as they can in BB just sat they are for CIs. I'm sure they appreciate the feedback from users as that helps drive for better design. There is that being patient again

• HearPeers Heroes

Another thought popped into my head. You might look in to the research and development end either for your job or as a "test subject" for lack of a better term. Who better to help design than the one that uses it.

Great points/questions.

Love my Bonebridge/Samba but 'connectivity/control is a bit of an issue with me!

Connectivity... hmmm - 

1. Remote control - I would like to know what my volume level is. I which it could show this on the remote control screen.

2. Remote control - It would be nice to be able to pick the program directly, rather than cycle through all of them to get to P5.

3. The Samba has the ability to connect via bluetooth. Why can't I use my phone to connect/control my Samba? Most have smartphones and an app would allow us to control so much more.

• HearPeers Heroes

They won't forget you Ivana. You just hear more about CIs because there are more of them out there.

Adam, I hope I am not alone in this world so I write this in order that if somebody read us might come up with further idea.

I am pretty much aware how many users if CIs are there and how many of BB. It is not possible to compare it. Taking just into account that BB in the US is not registered at all.

The reason to make new post is to put in action - your words and other people. If this is only up to me - there are other channels. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Medel I am sure is putting as much research as they can in BB just sat they are for CIs. I'm sure they appreciate the feedback from users as that helps drive for better design. There is that being patient again

I don't doubt at all that they imvest as much research as they can just connectivity is very VERY limited and pretty useless.

• HearPeers Heroes

Another thought popped into my head. You might look in to the research and development end either for your job or as a "test subject" for lack of a better term. Who better to help design than the one that uses it.

I am not sure if this actually exists in Europe...?

• HearPeers Heroes

Great points/questions.

Love my Bonebridge/Samba but 'connectivity/control is a bit of an issue with me!

Connectivity... hmmm -

1. Remote control - I would like to know what my volume level is. I which it could show this on the remote control screen.

2. Remote control - It would be nice to be able to pick the program directly, rather than cycle through all of them to get to P5.

3. The Samba has the ability to connect via bluetooth. Why can't I use my phone to connect/control my Samba? Most have smartphones and an app would allow us to control so much more.

Excellent Ross! :)

Yes -

1) I have to listen my remote control to feel and count how many beeps I can raise volume.

2) so many times I accidentally shut off my Samba with just a light pressure on the side of my remote control,

3) so true - my favourite program is P5; but your audiologist can swap positions of the programs and put your 5 to the number 1. :)

4) you need to have a streamer: Siemens miniTek but if you have a mobile phone with android platform it can work instead of streamer. However - no iOS version. :(

• HearPeers Heroes

Does the remote for the BB have a way to lock the keys? The Fine Tuner remote for the CI does. That way no accidental changes.

• HearPeers Heroes

Does the remote for the BB have a way to lock the keys? The Fine Tuner remote for the CI does. That way no accidental changes.

I think it has but few times it happened to me that remote control become complete unresponsive :(

It's not comfortable situation so I am not fan of any locks. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

This makes you pretty important Ivana. Then you must do a blog!!! To get the story out.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't used the fine tuner pad lock. I have had the fine tuner in my pocket and bumped something that changed a setting. This has happened a few times.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

If you want to use the Fine Tuner lock it's easy to set up. The cool thing is that you do NOT have to unlock it to use it. You just have to press the button twice instead of once. So you can keep the Fine Tuner locked and still change your settings.

Fine Tuner Lock

Two arrows 5 seconds, then right arrow. Then double click while in lock mode to use keys. Unlock by two arrows double click then hold down 5 seconds, then left arrow.

• HearPeers Heroes

This makes you pretty important Ivana. Then you must do a blog!!! To get the story out.

Important?  :huh:

Yes - I really do have to write something... Only...time.... :rolleyes:

• HearPeers Heroes

IvAna

The more information out there the better. Especially with your device

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Ivana you ARE IMPORATANT!!! You're special and I love your quirkiness. But the BB is not very well known so you have to advocate for it.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you - my friends :) : if I hadn't found time until now, now I have to.

No - seriously I understand point of good education but also - to be persistent when you know something is right. :)

Quirk...:) This word enchanted me - never heard for it until now. So who wouldn't then share with you, hope - all good things and pinch of magic of the forum :D