What Bonebridge does NOT have...?

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

That's it!! It's a learning process!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

100% :D - I like this learning process - a lot! :P

• HearPeers Heroes

I wished to like your post but - forum manager concluded didn't approve so I have to be witty: and write :D

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Moderation Ivana. All in moderation. Wink wink

• Like 1

Hi there!

Regarding the fm, we still don't use it (and don't know if we will ever need it or not) but in case we do, the miniTek, as far as I know will be able to connect to the fm system and in turn will send the signal to the samba.

Also, I think to have readed somewhere that miniTek communicates with Samba through a protocol that is optimized for lower power comsumption. Bluetooth protocol presents a high level of power comsuption, and this an important matter when all the power comes from a small battery. Take this sentence with prudence as I cannot guarantee is right.

About the waterwear, I commented with the Medel representatives that we are really interested on it. I guess that if all of us transmit the same message, they will be prone to attend us. After all waterwear for samba doesn't need a special investigation process, just adapt the mold to the samba size...

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi there!

Regarding the fm, we still don't use it (and don't know if we will ever need it or not) but in case we do, the miniTek, as far as I know will be able to connect to the fm system and in turn will send the signal to the samba.

Also, I think to have readed somewhere that miniTek communicates with Samba through a protocol that is optimized for lower power comsumption. Bluetooth protocol presents a high level of power comsuption, and this an important matter when all the power comes from a small battery. Take this sentence with prudence as I cannot guarantee is right.

About the waterwear, I commented with the Medel representatives that we are really interested on it. I guess that if all of us transmit the same message, they will be prone to attend us. After all waterwear for samba doesn't need a special investigation process, just adapt the mold to the samba size...

Hello Javier,

I have already spoken with Med-EL about that last summer. I guess it is pretty logical that after a CI the other implants need similar cover but I guess that developing teams are coordinated. Taking into account history of presenting new devices and equipment, Med-EL will come out with something but we will not know that before it actually happen.

• HearPeers Heroes

Javier, I have a CI but use an FM system depending on circumstances. It has helped me ( with C I) be sure to ask detailed questions to your audiologist. If they cannot answer, by all means, contact Medel.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this was closest to my topic-

How has your experience been with the MiniTek and Samba, Ivana? Now that it has been a fair few months? Do you think it's worth getting?

I got switched on 3 days ago- it has been pretty good so far! I'm just wondering if you think I should stick to my aftershokz headphones or if the sound quality with the MiniTek streamer is a lot better that it's worth getting. (It's a fair bit more money :P)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, 

i am sure Medel is working on things in R&D. My guess is that they want all of their recipients, regardless of device to have the same opportunities to "hear life".

i imagine that there are more technical hurdles to overcome with your particular device. You never know, I guess we just have to be patient. Who would have thought 20 years ago that you would be able to enjoy the technology you are using right now.

that being said, keeping the discussion going is always a good thing

• HearPeers Heroes
On 24/09/2016 at 1:32 AM, Karth said:

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this was closest to my topic-

How has your experience been with the MiniTek and Samba, Ivana? Now that it has been a fair few months? Do you think it's worth getting?

I got switched on 3 days ago- it has been pretty good so far! I'm just wondering if you think I should stick to my aftershokz headphones or if the sound quality with the MiniTek streamer is a lot better that it's worth getting. (It's a fair bit more money :P)

Hi Karth,

Well, taking into account that we can not use a headphones if they cover a processor (because of squealing) - it is definitely worth of it. Unfortunately, I still haven't chance to try Aftershokz so I can not compare it efficiently. :( 

I would definitely advise if you can test miniTek before and see if it suits you. 

Theoretically, it should be better than Aftershokz because these headphones use our bone conduction sound transfer. Basically, this means that higher frequencies are definitely cut off. Bigger problem for miniTek is that it should be very close to your processor so it can be linked with it via BT. 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 24/09/2016 at 4:36 PM, Adam said:

Ivana, 

i am sure Medel is working on things in R&D. My guess is that they want all of their recipients, regardless of device to have the same opportunities to "hear life".

i imagine that there are more technical hurdles to overcome with your particular device. You never know, I guess we just have to be patient. Who would have thought 20 years ago that you would be able to enjoy the technology you are using right now.

that being said, keeping the discussion going is always a good thing

Huh Adam,

We have been discussing this a lot of time... Bonebridge is a good device BUT it lacks of pretty usable stuff.

Also, technology which is used is recycled; in these circumstances I would expect a step forward regarding connectability. It was announced like that. 

Well, BAHA was here even before 40 years but - I agree, 20 years before I have been living in such unimaginable life circumstances that it's hard to describe it. I can't imagine how my world has changed 25 years before... It's a lifetime for someone... 

Back to story...