Internal part of processor problem

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone. Wouldn't you know, I'm just back from Jamaica and I catch the flu. Has anyone had any problems of achiness from the internal part of their Rondo when they had the flu? i also changed the magnet from 2 to 3 before I went on holidays, so I'm also thinking that could be the problem. I'm going back to 2 tomorrow.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm so sorry to hear that you have the flu. I have not had the flu since being implanted. I know I also went down in magnet strength on my left Rondo and right Sonnet recently. It's best to use the lowest strength magnet that will keep the processor on and sound good. I sure hope you feel better soon. Maybe give your head a bit of a break when you can and just remove the processor completely for a rest.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree with Mary Beth. I sure hope you feel better soon. Rest up and drink lots of fluids.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. I have been sick and even had brain surgery pretty close to the implant under the skin. I never had any issues. As Marybeth stated, you want the magnet on as low a setting as you can get. If I wear a ball cap that I a just too tightly, the coil area will get sore. Let your Audi and surgeon know of the latest development just to be on the safe side. They know your anatomy the best and can help troubleshoot the problem. Feel better soon!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone. Wouldn't you know, I'm just back from Jamaica and I catch the flu. Has anyone had any problems of achiness from the internal part of their Rondo when they had the flu? i also changed the magnet from 2 to 3 before I went on holidays, so I'm also thinking that could be the problem. I'm going back to 2 tomorrow.

I am pretty sure it`s because of magnet strength - relax...;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I didn't wear the processor yesterday and today it feels much better. M leaving it off today as well and going back to magnet 2. Than you everyone for your concern and help.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm feeling much better today. Two days of rest really helped. I had company this afternoon so I switched to magnet 2 and everything seems okay.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news Sandy, thanks for sharing. It can be frustrating but sometimes you have to experiment to see what works. Glad you are feeling better

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great. Glad to hear you're feeling better!!