Social Media and our hearing journeys

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Hear Peers friends,

I just want to take a moment to thank you all for teaching me the benefits of social media. I had never participated in any kind of forum or FaceBook group prior to getting my CIs. Now I see the benefit that social media offers when you are fortunate to find great forums or groups. I have learned so much from everyone in the past year and have appreciated everyone's support. It's great to have a place to go to ask questions and to share WOW moments. I particularly like the international experience in the groups. So thank you all. I am very grateful.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Well Mary Beth. You have shared a wealth of knowledge with me as well as many others. Thanks to all of you!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth

You are a blessing to this community. So glad you found us. I believe you are right as far as social media. It is much easier these days to gather information about the whole process of getting an implant.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth, we are all blessed to draw from your knowledge and experiences too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I feel lucky to have found you all.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I also want to tell you, Mary Beth, that I am impressed with your knowledge and dedication, and how tactful you are with others who are looking for answers. We are lucky to have you with us. Thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Cara. I'm just trying to pay it forward.

• HearPeers Heroes

You too Adam and you've been at it longer than me!

• HearPeers Heroes

I also want to tell you, Mary Beth, that I am impressed with your knowledge and dedication, and how tactful you are with others who are looking for answers. We are lucky to have you with us. Thank you.

Cara - I want copyrights at your texts... ;)  :D 

And to Mary Beth, I bold the dedication and systematic dealing with possible solutions. I can only imagine what level of persistence is this. :) 

Regarding your words, I can share my first experience when I have found someone like me at the internet. It was a while ago, but I can even now remember how much it meant to me to read about other's solutions - this opened to me a whole new world. :blink: 

I was like Alice in the Wonderland. I still am - but after I understood what I have accomplished with that approach I started to understand the value of sharing by trying to help someone else.  :P  I will also never forget how Sandy, Adam, Matt, Liza comforted me before my surgery - even I am doc, at first place I am human being with all my fears. Partially as a guinea pig (because I didn't have much too loose) because I was 2nd patient with my diagnosis to whom was intended to do this implantation. On the other side, I was fear of failure and what others expected. This was actually bigger issue than will I actually hear well with BB (for me). When I woke up in the ICU you can imagine how this elevated my pink cloud....

But - happy end did happen and I have enriched my life in the unbelievable direction: continued to meet people who might never cross my path in other reality, have visited many interested congresses and courses where I could infected myself with totally new directions of my life: neuroplasticity, psychoacoustics, cochlear implants ... :)

And Mary Beth - thank you for tiny Croatian detail at your Christmas tree.  :P

• HearPeers Heroes

Smile. Wrapped up our Croatian ornament safe and sound for next year! Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

Smile. Wrapped up our Croatian ornament safe and sound for next year! Smile.

:D  :D  ;)