T-hooks for listening music

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

T-hooks for listening to music review

The bilateral stereo T-hooks arrived and I have been jamming to music with them today. They are light and easy to wrap around an iPod or phone. The tiny hooks slip over your ear next to the processor. They are discreetly marked with red for right and blue for left. Great sound. No need to change battery covers like the DAI cable and the sound is definitely loud enough. I only have my iPad at half volume. Just sharing in case you are looking for another way to enjoy music. They come in monaural as well. Colors: black or white.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow you really can tell which sounds are coming into which CI with this. I think it's the first time I have heard music in stereo in over two decades. Wow.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I look forward to that. If it's ok

To Ask How much was th set?

• HearPeers Heroes

$49 including shipping. Works with 1 CI and 1 HA as long as the hearing aid has a T.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great Marybeth! Awesome that there are many options to choose. I am using my FM right now.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

If you get the chance you have to try these tiny things! Stereo sound is so much better than hearing the same thing in each ear. I had forgotten how much better it was until tonight.

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth, I will look into it. I have the DAI cables, the Quattro and the FM. I primarily use the FM. You have peaked my interest.

• HearPeers Heroes

Let us know how they affect battery life. I really don't use the Quattro. The FM really drains the batteries.

• HearPeers Heroes

Awesome I will look into it! My ha has t coil.

• HearPeers Heroes

The T hooks do not drain the battery like the FM.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

It just occurred to me that you are using your Sonnet processors with your FM System and we only have one mic active here in the US. Two people from Canada are reporting that the FM inout is way too quiet with their new Sonnets but was fine with their Opus 2. They both have the dual mics activated.

I'm wondering if you experience a quieter than normal sound with your FM System plugged into your Sonnets compared to your Opus2?

• HearPeers Heroes

Good question.

I will post my experience once the second mic is activated

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay. I was just wondering if maybe it wasn't a problem when only one mic was activated. Two people in Canada, where both mics are active, can not hear through their FM Systems when plugged into their new Sonnets. They say it sounds like a whisper. One gentleman had his audiologist design a special program to be used just with his FM or DAI cable. It involved turning off one mic and raising thresholds to bring in more soft sounds and possibly a change in sensitivity too. He reports that it works great with his FM System and his DAI cable but sounds awful for general use. The second gentleman went to his audiologist to have a special program created but they ran into difficulties and now he will return when a MedEl rep is there. I do not use an FM System but can say that the DAI sound is much quieter in the Sonnet than in the Opus2 for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth, if it is appropriate to do in this forum, can you, please,  provide the link for this product.  Thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

There a number of hearing equipment companies that sell them. I believe you can also buy them on Amazon.

Harris Communications should have them as well

• HearPeers Heroes

www..harrisscomm.com

ClearSounds ClearLink CL002 Dual Silhouette

SKU: HC-CL002

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry, I gave the wrong web address

www.harriscomm.com

• HearPeers Heroes

Got it, cannot find it using keywords like T-hooks or bilateral stereo T-hooks. Now, with your help, I found it. Thank you, Adam.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know the right number of dots coming after www :) and with the SKU number you gave it is even easier to find it on other retailer sites. Thank you again!

• HearPeers Heroes

Perhaps I paid not enough attention when I went through all that post but I didn't find this name before I decided to ask. I am at work right now, cannot spend too much time for my "extracurricular" activities :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara you paid attention

I called them by the wrong name. If you go to Harris, they will be listed as sillouhetts

• HearPeers Heroes

I wrote that info down and saved the link to Harris. I don't need it right now, but hopefully will need that T-hooks soon. But then it will be hard to find this info on the forum. So, I keep my records :)

Thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

It is really a preference that each person has. Some love the silhouettes and some don't. Find what you like and go with it. It also depends on the situation. One type might be more fitting for the situation you are in. I would use the DAI for instance, if I go for a run as the fm may be wireless you still have to deal with the transmitter plus the sound source. Phone or iPod. In a meeting situation or conference its great. That is a little down the road for you.