Sonnet 2 Microphone Cover

Dave J

Greetings,

I'm having a challenge not breaking the closure system that keeps the Sonnet 2 microphone cover held down and closed. The first time it happened I was applying daily pressure to the cover with my index finger as I pushed the battery cover on the device.  After getting the device replaced I was very careful to not put pressure on the cover, but  after about 9 months the cover is popping up.  It makes me very reluctant to tinker with it such as replacing the cover after the recommended 3 months. 

I've been using the Sonnet 2, 7 days a week probably 17 hours day. I have an office job so I'm able to treat the device gently.

Is this unique to me and are their any recommendations? 

Sincerely,

Dave J

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave J

If it is happening then the Sonnet 2 control  unit is broken and should be replaced as it impacts the water resistance.  If it is under warranty, just contact your CSR.

That area of the Sonnet does require care as any uneven pressure can cause the problem you describe.

I do not touch that area at all when putting the battery cover on or when taking it off.

Med-El has a YouTube video on their YouTube page showing a recommended way to handle the Sonnets when putting the battery cover on and removing it.  

We may each have our own method that works best for us.  

When the Sonnet2 control unit is not cracked in that area, removing the mic cover goes smoothly.  I do watch the Med-El video on how to replace the mic cover each time before I change it just to be sure I am doing it correctly.  For me changing the mic cover on a schedule is important as it impacts the way my MAPs sound- especially the high frequency sounds.

Thanks for the video mary beth, ive change mine three times, not as smoothly as the video,  but im always scared while doing it!

Thank you Mary Beth and Dianna for your input, I really appreciate your response.  I'll reach out to my CSR as my equipment is under warranty. Dianna your response made me laugh as I have the same sentiments. 

I do consult the videos before doing anything with my device and I do find the videos quite helpful.  

Thank you and take care.

17 hours ago, Dave J said:

Thank you Mary Beth and Dianna for your input, I really appreciate your response.  I'll reach out to my CSR as my equipment is under warranty. Dianna your response made me laugh as I have the same sentiments. 

I do consult the videos before doing anything with my device and I do find the videos quite helpful.  

Thank you and take care.

Lol thank you hon, its better each time. First time i bent the little screwdriver, 2nd more smooth, third the thing popped off and i couldnt find it until i woke up in bed laying on it. 

I think we are all a little nervous about these wonderful little machines but if we dont maintain them we dont get 100 percent!

I get to see my audi next month, hope i get a good "tune" up 💘