The loop system

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara, probably not for the home. We live in an apartment and will be moving to a different one next year. No sense in going through the expense of buying and installing, if we are moving. The price at least for us is a little out of our reach anyway.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, that is expensive. But if we imagine for a moment that somethimes dreams come true and will start dreaming in a right direction :)

By the way, we can combine our Christmas, Birth day, Mather/Father days et cetera wishes to get one big present some days. I agree to wait even for a couple of years :unsure:

• HearPeers Heroes

I think I am in the minority on this but I have purposely not used a home loop system or personal FM System yet. I want to give my brain a chance to learn how to process sounds in my everyday life without "auditory blinders". I eagerly access the telecoil in looped theaters and I use the Quattro4 daily for training.

I know many people enjoy using home loop systems and personal FM Systems so I think I am in the minority on this.

I am able to understand the TV without closed captions.

Maybe it's just because I am still early in my journey. It hasn't been 1 year yet. Check back with me in a year or so and I may have changed my mind. Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

I undderstand you point, Mary Beth. I think about loop primarily because I have noidea how it is going to work for me to get back to everyday life like a common folk, but I want now (big smile) to be sometimes relaxed and lazy. I understand it is possible that in a year or so I will be not so eager to have such facilitating devices. It is why I am just dreaming, not pushing ahead :)

Will be interesting to check with you in a year on this topic. So, please, remember, we have a date on the next CI day.

• HearPeers Heroes

You got it Cara. Just realize that things sound different when they come into the processor via telecoil, DAI or through the actual mics. It's good to train with approaches that let you practice sound through the mics as well as through telecoil or DAI. It's not uncommon for people to like the telecoil or DAI sound quality and have a longer adjustment to sound through the mics.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, I wasn't crazy about the telecoil at first. Took some getting used to so I just focused on the processor. I waited a little while to try telecoil and DAI cables

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth

I did the same thing. My Audi recommended holding off on using any ALDs for as long as possible in order to give my brain a chance to work. This has helped tremendously for me. There are situations where it does help to have a little extra help in hearing.