Letter from Vienna...:)

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello boys and girls - from Vienna :)

While I am writing these lines, I am testing the newest mapping of my BB/Samba and I can finally say that after 2 and half years I can finally see the other shore...

Today we have just added some mid-frequencies and - that's it! I didn't need boosting of my volume so I am not sure, in what way this little miraculous tiny toy can be better? 

Also, it is hard to explain how different anticipation of speech and sound, in general, is with my implant than with hearing aid... That sense that speech and music is, actually, in my head is something unbelievable; at least for me, who has never heard how these categories sound naturally. 

I do, however, have that inner feeling which tells me what is the quality of what I have just heard but, in order to progress, I have to push the limits each time from the beginning.

Back to reality :)

We have also fitted today miniTEK which works very well - just needed some trimming ;)

I have to train pushing the buttons and how to be patient. :) Beside that, it sounds well and enough loud; the drawback is that it has to be pretty near to the BB in order that BB can catch the signal, although miniTek individually establish and retain the connection with signal transmitter like mobile-phone or laptop really good. 

I am finally content. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm happy for you Ivana. Congratulations!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hope it's nice weather there too!

• HearPeers Heroes

So glad for you being content and in Vienna. Have a great time (but we are waiting you back)!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh Cara - I am always here :) whenever there is a wi-fi signal :D

Tnx gang! - I just sat in my hotel room and felt I need to share this with you :)

Unfortunately, weather is yuck! In Europe niw is that part of year when it is neither winter nor spring: cloudy and it rains often. But, it's not problem - here in Vienna you can always do something. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

That is good news!! I am sure you have earned a break!! Yes we do miss you when you are not here.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is good news!! I am sure you have earned a break!! Yes we do miss you when you are not here.

Tnx :) - well, this break earned my BB. I will definitely spoil it - but I can not resist when it served me so well. :)