HINT scores

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow! I had my three month visit today!! My new HINT score is.......(drumroll please!) 82.9% with the HA. 69% without! That's a 41% increase! I love my CI! My hard work is paying off!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Everyone what have your scores been three months post activation?

• HearPeers Heroes

Everyone can make their own decisions about this, but for me- I do not share my scores. I want everyone to find success with their CIs. The testing scores are only one way to measure that success. An exciting way for each of us when we see our scores increase, indeed. But I have found on other boards that people compare their scores with other people's scores and it leads to some people feeling down about their CI abilities.

I prefer to talk about what my CIs allow me to do. How I function in the world with my CIs.

It's just my preference. I respect that other people have different opinions on this and reading people's scores does not bother me.

• HearPeers Heroes

It makes sense. I respect your decision.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, that's wonderful! And that 41% is only the beginning!

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara - really good job behind you and lot in front of you, but - I am so glad to feel your joy! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Everyone can make their own decisions about this, but for me- I do not share my scores. I want everyone to find success with their CIs. The testing scores are only one way to measure that success. An exciting way for each of us when we see our scores increase, indeed. But I have found on other boards that people compare their scores with other people's scores and it leads to some people feeling down about their CI abilities.

I prefer to talk about what my CIs allow me to do. How I function in the world with my CIs.

It's just my preference. I respect that other people have different opinions on this and reading people's scores does not bother me.

Mary Beth - I agree with you because SRT can be subjective as audiogram is.

I would rather prefer that people share their daily routine what they had to do to get some result whether it is number or just description what they are able to hear after certain amount if time.

I would say, this is not a run between us than - with ourselves and then we run on long distance - not sprints.

• HearPeers Heroes

I didn't want to offend anyone. I merely wanted to share my excitement with my good friends. Than,s for all of your support. I am no the boasting type or anything.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, I am sure you didn't offend anybody. If I got such a great hint score I'd also share it here as I had no idea that it is a sensitive topic to discuss before I read Mary Beth's post. Believe me if I get the smaller number in 2.5 months I will be sincerely glad for you anyway. You deserved drumroll for sure :)

And thanks to Mary Beth for explanation why it's better not to pay too much attention to testing scores - makes a lot of sense for me. But thanks to you, Kara, too. Now I have some idea how big that number can be. You know, so far I cannot imagine that it is possible for me to get such improvement. But we will see :)

Want to tell you one more time that I am glad for you - that hint score and that open possibility to go bilateral!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Cara. I am so thankful for all my friends here.

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't think you offended anyone Kara. It took me two years to get to the point I'm at now; a long and sometimes bumpy road. For myself, it's the WOW moments that I use as my measuring tape. Scores are the added bonus. I'm thankful to you as my friend also. Keep rocking!

• HearPeers Heroes

I didn't want to offend anyone. I merely wanted to share my excitement with my good friends. Than,s for all of your support. I am no the boasting type or anything.

Oh no Kara - please do not take it too harsh. I believe that here are not present people who offend easily. Mary Beth and I just added psychological perspective, to make a broader picture. This is the role of all participants - not to be offended ;)

Lets get back to your decision of becoming bilateral!...;) 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks guys!! It means a lot!❤️❤️

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Well... technically girls  :P  :D  

(Sorrrrrrrry - couldn't resist....)  ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol!! Ladies!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol!! Ladies!!

Yeah! - Ladies club. :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations Kara that is a big jump and as Sandy said, will only get better. Keep up the good work.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam!