Interesting look at the sonnet

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

"You are not authorized to access this page...."

:huh:  :wacko:  :(  :(  :( 

• HearPeers Heroes

That's what I got too?!

• HearPeers Heroes

You can access it via the Facebook group. John posted a link there and it works.

• HearPeers Heroes

Some interesting photos. It is the sonnet EAS system.

• HearPeers Heroes

From inside Sonnet looks like a big monstrous grasshopper :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting comparison... :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Luckily it doesn't sound like one :D :D

Hello Adam, I am brand new here to the group, I had my Mi 1200 SYNCHRONY implant installed the 22nd of February this year. Activation happens on the 22nd of this month. I picked the RONDO unit because I have glasses on all waking hours. I have many questions but can't figure out to send a direct post to any Forums to even introduce myself but will figure it all out soon I hope. I noticed you have both the Rondo & Sonnet and wondered if you preferred one over the other?. I am down to 15% in both ears and had my right ear implanted and still have a hearing aid in the left. I wish I had know about the system and purchase before August of last year when MedEl were offering but either one and get the second free, Oh well just my luck.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you supply with. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Pat, welcome to hearpeers!!

As far as posting questions, there are a number of categories to choose from. If you go to the hearpeers homepage and scroll down, there is a categories for the Sonnet and rondo. Click on the rondo section and post your question there. You can do the same in the Sonnet section. If you have a general question you can post in that category. Does this answer your question?

• HearPeers Heroes

Also, just below the general category is a section, introduce yourself. You can share as much or as little as you would like about yourself. Also ask as many questions as you can think of. We have a great group of people here from all over the world and in various stages of their hearing journey

• HearPeers Heroes

Almost forgot, I do not have a Rondo. I just upgraded to 2 Sonnets as I am bilateral.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Pat and welcome!

I have Rondos and Sonnets. I like them both. Feel free to ask any questions.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Pat, welcome to Hearpeers. I chose the rondo because I didn't want anything behind the ear. I'm totally happy with it. Ask any question. We are all here to support!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Pat welcome to Hearpeers!! It sure is an amazing journey!! I was implanted in November last year and activated a month later. Please feel free to ask questions. We can be quite a chatty bunch and everyone is quite supportive of one another!! When I got my CI I didn't know almost anything about them. This group has helped me a great deal. With all aspects of the journey.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Pat!

Welcome! Regarding your questions just go to the section Introduce Yourself and on the right side, in the middle of the screen there is a tab Start new topic. Pressing it will allow you to start a brand new, your topic. :)

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum.

I have had a cochlear implant now for about 8 or 9 years, I lost my hearing due to spinal meningitis when I was 10 years old. I am implanted in my left ear and use a hearing aid in my right ear.

I have used the opus 2 and have recently acquired the sonnet (I had been waiting for a water resistant processor for a lonnggg time b/c I sweat alot!). 

There is an issue I am having with the sonnet that my audi and I can't seem to fix, whenever there are low frequencies (approx 150-300Hz) present, in the presence of wind, or watching a movie with low frequency effects, all of the sounds appear to be 'compressed' and I really don't like it at all.  So I have reverted back to my opus 2 until FDA approves the wind management and dual microphone.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes. Easing off of the low electrodes a bit in comparison to mids and highs helps a lot.

Thanks Mary Beth,

Why would I need to do this on the sonnet but not the opus 2?

We have tried to lower the 'lows'.... but still same issue.

• HearPeers Heroes

A few of us in the US have commented on the same thing. I've been told that the Sonnet has a higher sensitivity in the low frequencies. I am hoping that is because of how the two mics work once we get to have both activated. Meanwhile, I've eased off of the low electrodes a bit. Others have changed their compression ratios. Others have adjusted their sensitivity setting.

I forced myself to stick with the Sonnet and not return to the Opus2 while we worked this out. It is much better now. Good luck to you.