An interesting read of the great advances of cochlear implants and also the need to push forward

Mary Beth

• 2 weeks later...

I had the DBS surgery, mentioned in this article last Thursday. I had two brain MRIs on different machines (1.5 Tesla and 3.0 Tesla) that only showed the artifacts of the magnets in my CIs. My wife wasn’t surprised when they couldn’t find my brain.But the doctor was able to get the imaging he needed using CAT scans.

My tremors and my hearing seemed to be on the same downward spiraling schedule. But I thought adjusting my medication would take care of the tremors, so I went ahead with the CI implants (right ear 05/21 and left 12/21). Then the tremors got worse. So I looked into the DBS surgery.

Oh, Mary Beth, the shaving they gave me makes the picture of your pre-chemo coif look like Rapunzel.

I didn’t want to make this too long but the surgery turned out better than expected I have to give credit to my doctor for being able to do this without having to remove the magnets from my CIs. I hope others can also benefit from this technology.

Tony

• HearPeers Heroes

@Justsayin

I hope your recovery goes very well Tony!

We may have to compare hairstyles soon.  Chemo is knocking out that pre-chemo haircut.  😊 

We will be easily displaying our CIs for awhile.

Rest easy and speedy recovery 

Mary Beth,

Thank you but believe me, you don’t want to see my bony head. I hope your chemo program is over soon and we both can enjoy the wind flowing through our locks.

Tony