5 rehab tips for single sided deafness

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

It is a great blog. There are some tips or websites I hadn't heard of. Thanks

Thanks Adam. I hadn't though of using TED talks, but that sounds like a good idea.

• HearPeers Heroes

"...

1. Watch the video, which often concentrates on the speaker’s face so you can make use of lipreading."

I like to do this - watch people faces although I do not know a sign language at all.

• HearPeers Heroes

Luckily I can carry on a conversation with another non implanted deaf person using American Sign Language. Beautiful language

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, I was not exposed to it. Deaf community is firmly closed here, after long time Croatian Sign language became official in 2015., but there is a rough road in front of them.

• HearPeers Heroes

It is. But I have no one to practice with. So I keep losing it. Then after awhile I do a bit of training and the cycle starts again!

• HearPeers Heroes

I am fluent in sign language. As a Teacher of the Deaf, I need to be able to communicate in whichever language the family has chosen for their child. It's definitely helpful when snorkeling! It's a beautiful language.