Chinese sign for - hearing

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I would like to share with you an interesting detail I have heard last year but I have forgotten then and remembered yesterday while I was looking an FB page of my friend.

So, this is a Chinese sign for hearing:

It is very interesting that it is consisted of seperate signs we would never think about them. So, for hearing you need ear, eyes, undivided attention, mind and - a heart! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Beautiful! But wondering if there is an alternate translation for this hanzi...Ear - to put CI processor on, Eyes - to lipread, Undivided attention - to analyze all inputs correctly and fast, Mind - to synthesize all info info meaningful content, Heart - to send our love to the world for understanding our special way to be part of it :)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara - excellent interpretation. :)

I don't see a reason why not - all paths should lead to Rome. ;) 

• HearPeers Heroes

I will have to check what the symbol is in Hangul. That is the Korean form of writing. Studied Korean for a while.

• HearPeers Heroes

Definitely Adam - if a symbol is not true at least it is a good story.

• HearPeers Heroes

Is not Korean. They have more circles in their writing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Most Chinese writing is called Hanzi. Japanese is mainly written in Kanji and Korean in Hangul. There are also variations of each in each language. Kara that isn't necessarily true. It depends on what type of Korean is being written. What Ivana posted is Chinese.

Kind of like printing and cursive in English. Mean the same but look a little different

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes. I worked with a Korean family and noticed the circles in the words she had in her bible. Also on the sign in front of their home a small South Korean church. I see a distinguished difference with others such as Chinese etc

• HearPeers Heroes

There can be even slight differences which confused me. Learning to speak it was a lot easier. Of course I was practicing 5 days a week. I have a black belt in 2 different martial arts. Both Korean. You tend to learn quickly when the instructor is yelling at you :D

This got me interested in learning the language.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol!! Yes that makes difference!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well it was spoken a great deal in class. I developed an interest in learning it because, hey, who doesn't want to learn a new language? If we went to a tournament, that was the dominant language. Also it is just retry neat to earn an Asian language. :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Definitely. Up till now I would have said forget it I'm too deaf. But it maybe something to do in the future.

• HearPeers Heroes

Never say never Kara. Put that on a goal list for yourself. You are doing great with your "new" English language. Who says you can't learn another?

• HearPeers Heroes

That's exactly what I was saying. My horizon has expanded now there are so many opportunities available to me with my CI.