About binaural hearing...

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

This should be a very interesting study. Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting. I believe that article is dated 2014, so maybe they have published some results by now?

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually, a lot of useful publications came out in the distinguished journals.

I`ll try to get reach some...;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious as well. The brain seems to do well in compensating when it can.

This isn't related to hearing, more that the brain is amazing at adaptation. In 2009, I had to have a Labrynthectomy in my left ear. It was bad enough after the surgery that I basically had to relearn how to walk.

My brain realized I had lost half of my vestibular system, took over and compensated for the deficit. Now I can run, jump, spin....with no problems.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious as well. The brain seems to do well in compensating when it can.

This isn't related to hearing, more that the brain is amazing at adaptation. In 2009, I had to have a Labrynthectomy in my left ear. It was bad enough after the surgery that I basically had to relearn how to walk.

My brain realized I had lost half of my vestibular system, took over and compensated for the deficit. Now I can run, jump, spin....with no problems.

Yes - this is actually partially neuroplasticity we are talking about. Father of neuroplasticity had personal opinion when his father suffered of stroke, his balance and strength was terrible, but after 3 years of constant rehabilitation he recovered so well that no one could say that something was going on. Extraordinarly - isn't it?