Training challenges

Elbras

Hi Fellow HearPeers

I am using the Angel Sound training and can't get pass step 10 of Level 3 of the "vowels" section. Yes, I know ... Patience, perseverance and practice... I am doing well with the consonant section, so I figured that my last mapping (2nd one) was set for hearing those consonants rather than vowels. This make any sense or am I way off here?

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

I use iAngel Sounds app so I'm not familiar with which vowel discrimination is in that step. Can you give me a list of the target words and what you think you hear?

Hi Mary Beth,

I am not picking up the difference between team or tune; meat or mute

Thanks

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

Elaine,

If you have an iPad, take a break from the Angel Sounds program for a moment and work through the AB CLIX app. It will take you through the different consonant and vowel discrimination tasks. See if that helps. Then return to Angel Sounds. It's important to meet with success while training so when you hit a roadblock, it's time to detour for a bit and then return.

• HearPeers Heroes

You are welcome Elaine. I just got remapped and so I'm tuning up by going through the CLIX steps again too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Vowels can be a real challenge. You are early on in your journey. I WILL come. Keep plugging away

• HearPeers Heroes

There are a bunch of programs out there. As was already said. Try switching things up. Getting frustrated can slow things down and get you tired. Maybe one afternoon, just listen.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes ab clix is great for word training. I couldn't hear angel sounds so I only used ab clix.

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear you found one you like. If you find any more that you like, please let us know.