Sheds some light on possible availability

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

This is a MedEl promotion in Australia.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, it is getting closer to being a reality

• HearPeers Heroes

At least we will get to learn about it while we wait for its availability in the US.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good way to look at it Marybeth. I like to be as educated as I can

• HearPeers Heroes

One of the many traits I admire in you, Adam.

• HearPeers Heroes

And patient. All of you. :)

I'm in Australia and got the following response from a Med-El representative when I asked about rechargeable batteries and wireless connectivity. This was about 2 weeks ago.

"For now I can only tell that we are aiming for the third and fourth quarter of 2016, however there is no guarantee for that. Still, I can guarantee that our engineers and developers in HQ are aware that these are big wishes of our recipients and are working hard on making it available as soon as possible."

Does anyone know if or how will the wireless feature become usable on an existing Sonnet?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnets have the built in feature ready for this device.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Nikki,

The SONNET processor has a 2.4GHz antenna built in which will interface to future MED-EL 2.4GHz wireless accessories.

How will It work on the SONNET?

It should work similar to how the Cochlear America 2.4GHz accessories work with the Nucleus 6 processor.

See the link below. Scroll down to the section "how it works" to get a detailed overview for the Phone Clip, remote mic and tv streamers.

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/connect/us/recipients/nucleus-6/nucleus-6-accessories/n6-wireless-landing

• HearPeers Heroes

Hadron,

Is this 2.4GHz wireless connectivity similar to the way Phonak Roger systems create sub-networks and are actually no longer sending FM transmission even though people keep calling them FM Systems?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes. It is an alternative to FM. You do not have to worry about others users on your FM channel, privacy or managing the channel.

Roger audio signals are digitized and packaged in very short bursts of codes and broadcast 3 times at different channels. If the first is not received then the second is looked for etc. Digital codes inform receivers which signals are for them and which are not, ensuring privacy for the user. Roger systems monitor continuously which channels are free and adaptively hop around channels occupied by other systems at 2.4GHz.

With the subnet, you can temporarily connect a user to a different Roger transmitter.