The future of BTLE .. the new, upcoming LC3 platform

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This video is geared to HA users but the information is interesting.  It will be exciting to see how Med-El incorporates LC3 BTLE into our processors 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

the potential benefits of LC3 are impressive.  I wonder when Med-El will offer it as a streaming option?  At the present moment LC3 is not commercially available but soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

the potential benefit me of LC3 are impressive.  I wonder when Med-El will offer it as a streaming option?  At the present moment LC3 is not commercially available but soon.

Ahhh im about to go with asha...

4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

the potential benefits of LC3 are impressive.  I wonder when Med-El will offer it as a streaming option?  At the present moment LC3 is not commercially available but soon.

I hope they do. It would be a good move away from the current BTLE streaming option. 

I had a spur of the moment audiologist appointment last week because Med-El came up for a surprise visit. So I had my audiologist plus two of Med-El’s poking at my processor settings. After they asked for any feedback to send to Corporate so streaming and battery life was briefly discussed. They didn’t particularly like BTLE and I don’t either so we had a mutual wish to move away from that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

It is exciting how fast streaming tech is advancing now.  We will have so many options.  I look forward to LC3 .

20 hours ago, Lauren said:

I hope they do. It would be a good move away from the current BTLE streaming option. 

I had a spur of the moment audiologist appointment last week because Med-El came up for a surprise visit. So I had my audiologist plus two of Med-El’s poking at my processor settings. After they asked for any feedback to send to Corporate so streaming and battery life was briefly discussed. They didn’t particularly like BTLE and I don’t either so we had a mutual wish to move away from that. 

Hi lauren, so your medel techs dont like the btle? Isnt that the asha tech?

I have an appointment today for hearing aid. Funny i received a text telling me to bring my entire backpack! This speech and hearing center are part of my implant hospital.  I am hoping to end up with ha that works with my phone and implant..hopefully with technology that is current and future enough to be good for a couple years...