Question?

Christa

Hello All

I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a sonnet and have been implanted for a couple months shy of a year. Anyway I am not sure if I am having a problem with the cochlear device (not the implant) or if it is only the remote? I have 4 programs on my remote, but I can only get my cochlear to go into one of the programs? When I press the button for the others, I get no sound?  I'm not sure whether to send away to be fixed or what I am supposed to do? Maybe my programs got wiped out some how? Any help, anyone could give would be great!

Thanks! Christa 

• HearPeers Heroes

Christa

I would call your customer service rep and explain what is going on. They might be able to walk you through a fix, or let you know if you need to send it in

Maybe as simple as changing the battery in the fine tuner

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Christa,

Mary Beth gave you good advice in your other post of this question. It is most likely the problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

Your audiologist created the four programs for you. Give them a phone call or send them an email and describe your problem to them.

When was the last time you were able to switch programs successfully?

It's been about a week or so?

I think I'm likely going to need a new processor. I'll let you know what happens. 

• HearPeers Heroes

If you have another processor, sync the Fine Tuner to that processor and check to see if it changes the programs. If it does, then the Fine Tuner is okay and your problem is with your processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

Your Fine Tuner works for changing volume and sensitivity on your processor, right? It just doesn't switch to Programs 2,3,4? There could've been an error when your audiologist loaded those programs into your processor if you have never been able to access them. If you used to be able to access them and now can not, it is probably a processor problem. Let us know when you get this solved. We are a curious bunch!

Hello Christa, my remote has all 4 programs and my Rondo or Sonnet work with the remote, you do have to set your sonnet on top of your remote and then turn it on and you should see two yellow outside lights flash once. Yes I am brand new to this but was with two MedEl people today so I think this info should be current. Good luck, they did mention your Audiologist is learning new updates daily. FYI

• HearPeers Heroes

Make sure the keypad is not locked as well. Medel has videos to show how to sync the processor on their website