Quiet, simple but WOW!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Home alone and knitting in the living room.  Windows open.  Listening to the sounds of the neighborhood.  A neighbor is mowing.  Another neighbor unlocked a car, started it up and drove away.  Kids are chatting as they pass by.  A neighbor is using a loud power tool.

Before receiving my CIs, I did not even know what was happening in the room I was in, unless I looked around.  Now I am aware of sounds all around the neighborhood, just by listening.

WOW!  So thankful for these CIs.

• Like 3

Wow! Its truly magnificent....im sitting outside on our front porch watching a storm come in, first pitters of soft rain getting harder, bigger, louder, lightning strikes and thunders all around! Removed my magnet and near silence!!!! Magnet back on, thunder and lightning fading then two freaking frog burps on the wall echo on the covered porch!!! I laughed out loud and said "wow" watching the hummers again such loud chitters. Another day in sound!!!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I love the sound of thunder with my CIs!  Enjoy your nature show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like listening to my cats. I could not hear their chitters when they are watching and clacking their teeth at bird before, but can now. And when Clara was surprised by one of the others I thought she just did a shocked expression. But today when she laid down and stretched out, the kitten zoomed out of nowhere and I got to hear her scream in surprise. Music to my ears. 

10 hours ago, Dianna said:

Wow! Its truly magnificent....im sitting outside on our front porch watching a storm come in, first pitters of soft rain getting harder, bigger, louder, lightning strikes and thunders all around! Removed my magnet and near silence!!!! Magnet back on, thunder and lightning fading then two freaking frog burps on the wall echo on the covered porch!!! I laughed out loud and said "wow" watching the hummers again such loud chitters. Another day in sound!!!!

I can hear the 🌧️ rain and thunderstorm ⛈️ and the winds blowing from the window 🪟

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I LOVE listening to the sounds of our cats.  These two kittens talk so much!!!

6 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

I LOVE listening to the sounds of our cats.  These two kittens talk so much!!!

Cool 😎😎😎😎😎😎

• 2 months later...

I would be expecting more replies here. There are a lot of WOW moments I have experienced in past 2 months after activation.

1. First wow moment comes at the first second of activation, I don't know about other processor but when my audy switched my Rondo 3 there was some initial booting sound I heard, kind of a quick sequence of each frequency playing low to high and I almost had a goosebumps, Right then and there. Haven't heard all those frequencies together in my whole life.

2. Those moments of hearing long forgotten voices of loved ones. At first they sounds different but after some days when it sounds familiar are all Wow moments. Heard my niece calling me out from behind about 100 feets and I heard it. Just wow.

3. Heard the clock ticking at night while I was reading in quite first time since 15 years.

4. Hearing Nature's sounds, like Sound of rain and thunder, sound of birds and insects, sounds of wind are all wow moments. It's like my mind is saying thanks to fit this device in.

5. Heard an unknown sound at night, asked my spouse and came to know it's a sound of a train honking from about a mile away on a rail track which I long forgotten.

6. Showing a direction to lost strangers on road. I used to say "no idea" to strangers when asked for direction while I am on walk. It was a wow moment when I heard a stranger asking for a direction about 10 feet away from a car and I heard it and helped him. 🙂

7. Listening to long forgotten musics. Feels like I need to catch up on whole decade of music. Not a single day pass when I haven't heard music since activation.

8. Watching TV with family and laughing along with them. Just Wow. Started watching movies which I have just seen and not heard.

I used to keep a gratitude journal and read it time to time. But it feels like I no longer need it. I just need to put my processor on and hear the sound it offers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

😲😲😲😳😳😳 wow that is so amazing and awesome and keep doing u ❤️💖💕❤️💞💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖 💖❤️😍😘😍🥰😍😍🥰🥰😍🥰😍😍🥰🥰😍🥰😍

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I had a bit of a wow this evening.  We were watching a TV show while eating dinner (yeah, we're tacky) and I heard a beeping, over the sound of the TV.   It was the sound that the refrigerator makes when you didn't close the door all the way.  But here's the thing:  I heard is any my husband didn't.  I can't think when that's happened!

• Like 3