checking if microfone is working properly.

alvydas

Hello,

is it possible to check how good microphones are catching sound for opus 2 processor. And to hear what sound the microphone  transfers to processor .My daughter 3 year old has billaterial CI .She obviously can not explain if everything is in order .Processor sometimes is falling down on the ground has wear and rear, I suppose some dirt is coming through the holes.

• HearPeers Heroes

You can test the Opus2 functioning by using the speech processor test device.

Follow this link:

http://www.sciponline.co.uk/sitepix/downloads/Opus2%20Troubleshooting%20sheet%20Scottish%20Cochlear%20Implant%20Clinic.pdf

Thank you ,I knew  about it , this is very basic knowledge if signal is transferred or not .What I would like to find out is about any possibilities to check minor problems of microphone ,to see some deeper into how microphone catching sound.

• HearPeers Heroes

You can do the Ling speech test to see if your child is detecting the Ling sounds. Other than that, if you suspect your child is not hearing correctly you can contact your audiologist. There is no way to "listen in" to check sound quality that I am aware of.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree with Marybeth, your audiologist should be able to determine if there is a problem. Do you think there is an issue? If you do go see your audiologist, you can request a Medel rep to be at the appointment. At least here in the U.S. That is