using the phone...

steph*

Any tips for phone use? How can I use my rondo with a phone? is the neckloop the only option for that? How well do you use the phone with the sonnet? I do alright if i hook my audio cable up but to hold it up to my ear i am not getting much input. Any suggestions? I am waiting to receive my quattro neck loop.

• HearPeers Heroes

Phone use with Rondo- some options:

Set the Rondo to MT or T and hold the phone at the 6:00 position with the mic at 12:00

Use the Rondo's remote battery pack and attach your MedEl DAI cable or headphones (BOSE comfort noise cancelling headphones were a bit hit at the Hands On Hearing workshop for both music and phones)

Keep the Rondo on M and hold the phone near the mic

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Part 2 Rondo and phone options

Bluetooth neckloop

Silhouette hook- people secure the hook between the Rondo and the bumper

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnet

At first I did best on T and the landline phone. Now I stay on M and can use any phone.

Check out the telephone with confidence website to practice phone skills and find your preferred method.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes - I can clearly see an option to check Like this! designation....

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't use M or T. Just phone to the head. No feedback or anything. That's the difference with a CI to an HA. Works great for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for input. I went to the store to try phones out to see if there was a better one than I had. So I got a new phone and have it set for use with hearing aids and mono audio turned on and I'm able to hear just fine without using telecoil! A little strange holding a phone toward the back of my head though with the rondo lol.

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad you found a phone that works for you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I think your fine tuner will be the best option. I have 2 Sonnets but no Rondo so I can't speak from experience

• HearPeers Heroes

Great Stephanie!! Keep up the good work.

When I used the phone, I put my Rondo on Telephone mode and just hold it up to my ear.  I haven't ever try using any additional device.  Though, maybe I should experiment.  :-)