Sonnet rechargeable battery info

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't wait! Does anyone know the length of the standard battery pack for the Sonnet that uses disposable batteries. I would like to compare it to these rechargeable lengths.

• HearPeers Heroes

There are 2 sizes. One I believe gets around a 6 hours battery life and the larger one gets around 10

• HearPeers Heroes

The small one gets 7 hours and the larger one gets 10 hours. Kind of dumb we will have to change it twice a day. My days are usually longer than 10 hours!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Even the previous rechargeable batteries (DaCapo) for the Opus2 didn't last a full day for me. It's cheaper and environmentally better to use the rechargeable batteries but the disposable zinc air batteries last a lot longer. It's always a trade off.

I used to carry an extra rechargeable battery with me at all times just like I carry extra disposable batteries at all times.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Great if it is available soon. Of course, it would be better to have batteries that last longer. But still (even as it is) that batteries are the good option. I believe that over some period of time the battery life will be improved.

Is this already available? I kept asking my audiologist about this (last time I inquired was in March) but I was told it was not out yet.

• HearPeers Heroes

In the US we are waiting on FDA approval. Other markets will see it this summer.

• HearPeers Heroes

So Adam what's your opinion?

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this elsewhere on the forum today, and thought it would be appropriate to repeat it here:

The Sonnet rechargeable battery, mini battery pack, cable and adapter were approved by the FDA on May 24. The application was submitted on February 29, 2016.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, now we wait for Med-El USA to announce a release date. Other places will see it this summer.

• 2 months later...

does it mean we can only choose either standard battery pack or rechargeable battery pack during purchase of sonnet audio processor?

• HearPeers Heroes

The disposable battery pack came with my Sonnets.  I will be able to choose one of the rechargeable battery packs when they are released.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I recently received a letter from MedEl that said they will be shipping me the rechargeable batteries, they just wanted to confirm my address. 

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival.