Interesting read on extending battery life

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

This is worth a try. Next time I change my batteries, I'll experiment. Are hearing aid and the power one implant plus batteries similar?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy,

I tested this and it does give me a couple of extra hours of battery life. However, sometimes it is not convenient to set batteries out for 5 minutes. I'm not a fan of listening to the low battery beeps. Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm not a fan either. It sounds like a telephone ringing with the Rondo.

• HearPeers Heroes

For me, a few extra hours is not worth listening to that so I tend to swap the batteries out right away.

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't really understand the benefit of this invention - possibly this is significant to a hearing aid user who got couple of days but implant users does not get much.

I'll try this; though usually, I don't have time to wait 5 minutes.

• HearPeers Heroes

This really only works out when my batteries die while I'm at home- and only since I've been bilateral. Best case scenario, I peel the tabs- place the batteries in a safe place where the cats can not see them- take a shower and then put them in the processors.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well for my ha I get about 14 to 17 days. With one battery. I haven't really kept track before. Then of course the battery can fall out so that happens sometimes and I lose it. So oh well. I now bought my years supply for $20!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried the wait 5 minutes after taking off the sticker before using the battery trick, but I don't see any improvements.  With the Sonnet, the batteries tend to last 2 to 2.5 days.  With the Rondo, it lasts 3 to 3.5 days.

• HearPeers Heroes

Have to eat my own words... :o  - My using of each battery prolonged to a week, few hours more or left but I have changed 3 or 4 batteries exactly 7 days after... :huh:

Before, it was always 5 days top... :huh:  :mellow:

• HearPeers Heroes

Awesome Ivana!! I am interested to see how the rechargables will pan out.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I can`t help in that hocus-pokus :P 

• 3 months later...

To extend battery life, we should maintain battery. For lipo battery, over charger or discharger  are bad for batteries, we should keep at least  20% power for batteries, and don't use battery in hot environments.  

• HearPeers Heroes

The Adam comments I have heard about this on several occasions. I'm lets a try when receive my Rondo unit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I'm doing right now 3rd battery change on Rondo that use 3 bateries. I use Power One (special implant P675). Perfomance are exactly 4 days.

Ivana, I'm in Europe. What brand of batteries do you use?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Valentin,

Just for the records I will rewrite it - I use Power One and Rayovac, BUT for the Bonebridge. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Ivana. I bougth Rayovac (Implant Pro). I will comment my experience in a month.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
On 24/11/2016 at 11:35 PM, Valentin said:

Thank you Ivana. I bougth Rayovac (Implant Pro). I will comment my experience in a month.

Great! - For some interesting reason, I find it for a crumble better than Power One. Why, their battery power is almost at maximum up to the end of their power which is extremely good. With Power One, I hear from the start of the last day that something is wrong - voices are not so strong...

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Well after a lot of looking, as it turns out. At least from a cost perspective, power one is much cheaper than hearing aid batteries. I still don't really see a big difference in battery life but cost savings is significant

• HearPeers Heroes

I left this message in other thread, but, I believe it is in same way.

Updated my own experience. At this moment, I'm user since two moths. I'm user of Rondo (three Zinc Air batteries) each time.

I use the the processor in similar ambient and I haven't used the Telecoil connected to external devices yet.

Rayovac...... 3 days

Power One...4 days 

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin 

i have the sonnet processors which use two 675 batteries. Mainly use power one brand I believe. 

If I don't use the DAI cable or FM, I get 2 days or a little more.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

Have you received your Sonnet rechargeable battery kits yet?

• HearPeers Heroes

No Mary Beth, I am still waiting. I asked just last week if they had any idea when that might happen. They have no idea. It is based on inventory levels and who has been waiting longer than me