Rondo tethering

Almosupremecommander

Has anyone out there lost their rondo and what do y'all do to make sure you don't

they've given me the rondo kit last week so I can read the manual and play with it but there's no program yet until activation next week .

What occurs to me is its going to be a lot easier to loose than other processors ,I've got the 3 magnet in and without the weight of the batteries it still falls off when I sit down .

It comes with a little clip on the tether but what do y'all tether it to?

Seriously considering an ear ring in the top of my ear to clip it to , it would be practical and look cool

I'm in England and can't imagine how difficult getting a replacement from the nhs would be.

• HearPeers Heroes

There is someone who makes earclips for the Rondo in the US. Search for HearClips

• HearPeers Heroes

Our friend Sandy has a rondo. She tethers hers to her hair. Works good for her.

Thanks Mary Beth a quick search and I found hearclips and not only do they have lots of cheap ones they got some serious bling 14 carat diamond and gold. All for the rondo.

I think I'll go around my mate the tattooist and see what he's got that's cheap but I can see from the pics on hearclips where to best put it

I've got real short hair kara

• HearPeers Heroes

I have short hair too and it works for me. I find that if I let my hair grow I have more problems.

What hair clip do you use sandy .

I got 2 with the rondo kit but neither of them do hair

• HearPeers Heroes

Some people have used fishing line to make their own tether. Others have found it helpful to slide the fishing line through a tiny tube used for jewelry to protect the way it attaches onto the Rondo so the line doesn't cut through that Rondo spot.

• HearPeers Heroes

I punched two tiny holes in the silicone protector screen and then using an jewellery o-ring attached a necklace extender to it. I then attached another o-ring to use the clip. I've been using the small clip but am thinking of changing it. I tried to upload the picture but must be technologically challenged. I can email it to you if you pm me your email address.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have hair clips that came with my kit, however my very short hair poses an issue for that as a reliable tether to the Rondo.

If and when it drops I know immediately, as I instantly become deaf on the right side.

Is there a clip for the collar?

I got the same problem , the clips that came with it no good for short hair . There's another clip in the kit for the collar . But I haven't tried it

Piercing your ear the only answer

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, I will jump over the discussion about clipping the unit and securing of losing it - and go straight to the problem of staying on the head.

This is usually problem of early attachments after the surgery (slower surgical post-op recuperation) or too weak magnet. The balance should be achieved by careful evaluation of all factors...

• 3 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 6/11/2016 at 9:30 AM, Mary Beth said:

There is someone who makes earclips for the Rondo in the US. Search for HearClips

I am using the HearClip as a replacement for the the hair clip. I have short, very short, hair and that clip failed often. It did not catch the Rondo as I lightly jogged across the street.

I heard of TheHearClip on this forum and tried it out. I am an avid advocate of their products! 

There is a wide variety of styles, mostly for women, but some for men too. There are HearClips for other devices too, hearing aids, BAHAs, and other CIs too.

Joe-HearClip.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad you found a solution.  Some people tether the Rondos to their shirts or necklaces as well.

• 2 months later...
On 04/10/2016 at 9:31 PM, Mary Beth said:

Glad you found a solution.  Some people tether the Rondos to their shirts or necklaces as well.

I have two tethers, one short one which attaches to the hair and a long one which when I'm wearing clothes I attach to my shirt collar and to a necklace when I'm unclothed.  The only time my Rondo has come off was very early on when I tripped and fell since then it's as if it was glued to my head just checked and I'm on two mags strength I use both tethers and in a way like you moor a boat, i.e. The short one is up on the head and the long one is down, after two years wearing them the above incident is the only time they've fallen off.  Mind you I've undressed countless times and forgot that it was attached to the neck of my sweater which results in immediate silence :-(

• HearPeers Heroes

I tether Rondo with big clip included and invisible fishing line to shirt. This one work perfect, more secure than small clip to hair.