Activation today fantastic

Almosupremecommander

Well the sound is everything I was warned it could be at first

, for a few minutes just sensations and beeps really ,then the audiologist kept talking for 1 1/2 hours and by the end he just sounded like he was breathing helium and kinda artificial .

Then I had another hour with another Audi for communication support and I could understand nearly every word she said !!

I got 4 maps on my rondo each slightly louder than the last, right now 5 hours after activation I'm on map 4 listening to some dire straights and led Zeppelin but it's not really loud enough .

Beat that.

The music sounds a little tinny and artificial but I can hear it. Kinda like an old radio.

Unbelievable

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Awesome start! Yeah! Sounds like a very thorough activation day at your center. Do you mind if I ask which CI center you are using? Enjoy your first day of CI hearing! I'm happy for you.

I'm with the university of Southampton audiological implant services U.K.

They've been very good all along.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds like a great CI center! Have fun listening. Think about keeping a hearing journal. There are a lot of WOW moments on this journey and it's fun to read back over them from time to time.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's fantastic. How do you like the Rondo? I have one and really like the fact that I have nothing behind my ear.

It is nice not having it behind the ear . Much simpler . When I chose which device and company it was the rondo that really stood out by far as my first choice. But.. Now I've got it all the advantages seem against it too . It fell off and I caught it as I was leaving the ci centre , with the 4 magnet as well.

Went to bed late last night , I was just going around the house making noises like moving stuff around, listening to my own voice even . There's noises I haven't really heard in 21 years . Flushing toilet , kettle boiling even my feet on carpet.

Congratulations on your awesome activation day experience!  Sounds like you will benefit much from the implant. :-)  I love the Rondo.  It does fall off sometimes, but thankfully, I have long hair and the clip is attached as close to the root end of the hair as possible, so it has never hit the ground when falling off my head.  If you jump, it most likely will come off.  They originally put a not so strong magnet in my Rondo at first (they always want to start at the less powerful magnet and work up for understandable reasons), it fell off constantly.  I have a strong magnet in it now, so it does not usually fall off (unless my hair is in a pony tail or styled in a way that blocks it from attaching on the head good).

I must warn you, be careful when you take your Rondo out of the dry-and-store box in the mornings - when you have it apart, it can accidentally fall as the clip attach to the magnet accidentally.  I have had a few occasions where that has happened.  I try to be very, very careful about that.  The Rondo is my favorite processor. :-)

Thanks Donna

im so worried about it hitting the floor or loosing it, I just called my mate the tattooist and tomorrow he's going pierce my ear put in something I can clamp the tether too,

A little extreme yes but those who know me won't be surprised I'm sure.

In the past with hearing aids I've always hated the sound of a radio on in the room as it just sounded like tearing paper off in the distance. Very annoying. Been listening to music all morning. Tried listening to some sex pistols but my implant wasn't having any of that .sounded terrible . Lol.

Audi said try simple music to start with.

• HearPeers Heroes

Music definitely improves over time. You are off to a terrific start!

Be careful about attaching the Rondo to a piercing. It is heavier than you may think. I would hate for you to tear your ear if your Rondo got caught on something.

• HearPeers Heroes

Imagine two :)

Awesome...:P

I was thinking of just using the little clip on the tether to clip it on an ear ring , if it gets pulled to hard it will come off .... I hope .