Medical X-rays

Ms_D

I finally went to my local doctor about my congested coughing for over a month.  They did about 6 x-rays on me and told me to keep my processor on.  I've always thought I was to take it off on such occasions so not to risk damage to the processor.  I have read online that medical x-rays can potentially damage the microphone of the processor. You would think at an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor's office, they would be aware of such possibilities or just simply have me take it off  just to be safe.

I'm on prescription medicine to get me cleared up of my congestion. :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

On page 32 of the Sonnet manual it says not to use it near X-rays. Just posting this for future reference.

I sure hope you feel better soon!

I told them that I think it is suppose to be taken off for it, but they said to keep it on because it won't interfere.  Thanks for the reference.

We just talked with a Med-El technician.  We explained what happened and they were amazed that the x-ray technician would insist that I leave it on.  The Med-El technician said since it is still working the same as before the x-rays, then it probably is alright.  At least we have warranty on the device.  I am always so very careful with my processors.  I take real good care of them.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know you do, Donna. We rely on these to hear. They are like detachable parts of our bodies! Smile. I'm glad your Rondo is working fine.

:-)  Yep...they are such a big part of us. :-)  Thanks.  I wasn't saying you were saying that I wasn't being careful - I was just a bit miffed at the x-ray technician for insisting that I wear it.  I should have went with what I think was best.  Well, I am not going to let it happen again.  Being dependent on these devices for us to hear, it is needful that we take care of them. :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

You have had quite a week. I hope you feel better soon. Rest easy.

• HearPeers Heroes

Unfortunately, people do not usually meet with these devices so they just do not think about it.

I have always removed my hearing aids and today - I can`t even remember at which particular medical condition I would use X-rays. 

Lots of fluid, try to decongest your nose because sinonasal mucosa is actually unified all down to lungs through bronchi. That`s why, it is especially important to release opening of sinuses so any content from them can be removed not toward our lungs than through the nose. On this way it won`t deposit itself in lower parts of the respiratory system. For instant, nasal drops.

:)

Thanks Ivana.  :-)  I'm using nasal spray again, and I'm on an antibiotic.  I'm definitely trying to drink lots of water. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

You`re welcome...:P

The good news is: It looks as if this congestion is almost completely cleared up!  I haven't had much congested coughing in about two or three days. :-)  In fact, I am rarely coughing.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

It was about the time...:P  Nasal posterior drip was the cause of cough... Regular nasal irrigation will lessen it.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I had a mammogram shortly after I got activated and the technician said she had never heard of the problem with x-rays. She called and asked about it but I don't think the one she called knew either. She said she didn't think it would hurt and "are you I sure?" I took it off. Maybe the x-ray profession needs to be made aware of this.☺

I had a mammogram shortly after I got activated and the technician said she had never heard of the problem with x-rays. She called and asked about it but I don't think the one she called knew either. She said she didn't think it would hurt and "are you I sure?" I took it off. Maybe the x-ray profession needs to be made aware of this.☺

Kay, I think the same thing.  Those in that field should be made aware of such things.

• HearPeers Heroes

I read in my manual that x rays are ok but the processor should' be off and away from it. Mammograms are safe.

• HearPeers Heroes

Generally, problem is everything what has - a magnet. Only MRI truly has it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I have had more than my share of x-rays as I'm sure Ivana can verify ? I have never been told to take them off or keep them on. 

Just for clarity and ease to see x-ray, I take them off. Usually set them on a table in the room. I have never had issues doing that.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I do take it off. I just tell them to point which way to turn :rolleyes:

• HearPeers Heroes

Which way to turn what? :huh: I lost myself little bit...:rolleyes:

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I think it's which way to turn his body 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, Kay is correct. Usually I am in the prone position and they take films from various angles

• HearPeers Heroes
7 hours ago, Kay said:

Ivana, I think it's which way to turn his body 

Thank you Kay - for clarifying to me.

Adam sometimes forgets on me... :D

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Adamfit said:

Yep, Kay is correct. Usually I am in the prone position and they take films from various angles

Pardon me Adan - I was just too curious... :wacko: