Bonebridge / Samba Activated!

ColinY

Hey All,

It has been a few days since I got my Samba and I have to say this thing is awesome! When I went for my fitting I was really impressed the moment it was turned on. My audiologist tuned it up for me and we put on the following programs: Universal, Noise Cancelling, Music, TV and Outdoors. So far I have tried each one a bit, but normally I just use the Universal Program. Does anyone have any tips on using the different programs?

We also tried two different magnets, at first it was a #3, but then we switched to a #2. It seems to be holding on quite well for now. For the safety line with the hairclip I did a small modification. I keep my hair cut really short (#1 on the clippers) so using the hair clip really wasn't an option. I used some fishing line to make my own line and I tied the Samba to one of the loops you can use on glasses straps. I just put the loop over the arm of my glasses, this works great if anyone is looking for ideas.

It is great that the Samba comes with a few different covers. You also have the option of buying some more elaborate ones. So far I just have the Black one on. I really don't care too much about it matching my hair colour. I went on www.skinit.com to look for skins. for now they only have skins for the Rondo, but they may get some Samba skins sometime in the future. Has anyone here tried painting a cover? or putting stickers on them?

I don't wear my Samba at work, but it has already made a big difference after hours and over the weekend!

A few things Med-El can improve on....

My last BTE Hearing Aid was made by Widex. I got it in 2012.

The remote is way smaller than the one for the Samba, about the size of a car remote.

The Widex remote has a better range, you can use it from your pocket, no need to hold it up next to your head.

With the hearing aid when I change the program it says the name of the program instead of a number of beeps, this way you don't have to memorize the sequence your programs are in. It also beeps each time you move the volume up or down, so you don't have to guess if the signal was received from the remote.

I am sure things will only improve over time and I am super happy to be a Bonebridge recipient!

Colin

• HearPeers Heroes

Super news. Happy listening!

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news Colin!!