Bose Quiet Comfort 45

Anne WGC

I am bilateral with Sonnet 2 EAS. As a retiree I function nicely with an Audiolink when I need to plug in. I am now trying out a Bose Quiet Comfort 45 for those times when it would be good to cut out environmental surroundings. I am getting squealing at times, I am finding the earmuffs can become uncomfortable, and, most important, I don’t see much difference in the Quiet and Aware modes. (My husband says Quiet worked for him.) Is this not the device for me or should i continue to work with it? Should I keep searching? I’d very much appreciate hearing about someone else’s experience as there are some very tech savvy on The Forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Anne WGC

The AudioLink allows us to change the mix and get rid of  environmental sounds so that feature may solve your problem.  Just press the mix button on the AudioLink until you reach the setting that mutes the Sonnet mics. It cycles through settings with each press.

Sonnet EAS has a hearing aid component and that is why you are experiencing the squeal with the headphones.  Probably not a good match for you.  Also the noise cancellation is focused on noise at the ear canal level and our Sonnet mics are much higher so the noise cancellation feature does not work as well for us as for acoustic listeners.

Another option for you is the Artone BT neckloop with Sonnet on T setting.  Completely knocks out environmental sounds and is small, light and comfortable.

Here is a captioned review of the Artone.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year Mary Beth! This is a belated thank you for your help. The mix button on the Audio Link works perfectly but I never would have figured this out on my own. So,  I returned the headphones and saved a bunch. I found my Artone Max and powered it up but just am not as in love with it as you are. I just need to use it more I think to get more familiar with it. Anyway, thank you, thank you for all the suggestions. You’re incredibly knowledgeable and willing to share. Anne

• HearPeers Heroes

@Anne WGC

You are welcome.  

Our preferences for tech is very individual.  I enjoy trying out various types of connectivity tech.

I am glad you like the AudioLink.  Definitely having user controlled mixing ratio ability is a plus.