rehab for 2 months, but .....

Lena

Hii...

my name is Lena, i had hearing aid in my left ear, and Rondo implant in my right ...... had my activation in the 8th of June .....

wondering how long does it take you to be able to hear clear speech in the implant? ...... its been almost 2 months since my activation, and i am doing rehabilitation sessions but i really can't understand speech clearly......

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Lens,

This varies greatly from person to person. Are you progressing in your rehab or at a stand still? Are you using CLIX app?

Thank you Mary for your reply,

yes i use CLIX app ..... but as i said i am still having difficulty ...

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Lena,

Do you feel that youve stuck at some point while doeing your`s rehab exercises?

• HearPeers Heroes

I never finished all of Clix. I moved on to audio books. I am at my nine month point now since activation. Everyone is different. Keep plucking away.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sort of. But I just couldn't get to a certain level with good marks. It was the first month mind you. I went to audio books. I was doing two to three hours if that a day. It was recommended by my Audi because my speech comp was already so good. I needed different voices and accents. I started the telephone training at that point as well. So I soared!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Great - it is always good to be creative taking into account our brainiacs! ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Lena,

I found it helpful to make a list of my errors and show them to my audiologist. For example CLIX said moon but I heard noon, I would write m/n error. I tallied the errors do I could find out which were happening most often. The frequent errors I discussed with my audiologist. Then she made a new map for me.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I did the same Mary Beth and my audiologist was able to make changes to my mappings that helped.

• 2 months later...

I have difficuly understanding what the people talk about even in quite place, after 7 month of implant.everybody sounds have bad cold. I hear good when listening to the recorded books. But face to face is difficult. My audiologist has made a lot of changes but no good.

• HearPeers Heroes

When you listen to audiobooks, are you using the DAI cables, a neckloop or listening just by having the audiobook play out loud in the room?  The reason I ask is that the sound that enters our processors without going over the mics (through the air) does sound different than the sound that travels through the air and over our mics.  If you are wanting to improve the way voices sound, it is helpful to do some aural rehab with live voices.  You can someone say words that you repeat or read a phrase from a book that you repeat.  No looking at the speaker.  Gradually increase distance.

This may help you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth - this is an excellent advice, it would never crossed my mind...:huh:;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I never would've realized how different things sound either until I experienced it.  I've learned a lot from my CI experience.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
37 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

I never would've realized how different things sound either until I experienced it.  I've learned a lot from my CI experience.

Yeah... it is amazing how hearing research can be so intriguing as well as fun... ;)

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Sometimes hard to really get it until you have been through it yourself