Music and Phone

mcnarym1

Just curious, it's probably a dumb question but how do you all listen to music? With headphones? I ask because I was implanted in my left ear so that made my left ear completely deaf, if I were to put headphones in that ear, I wouldn't hear a thing. Is there something that you can essentially hook to your processor to hear? 

Same thing goes for the phone. I can sort of make it out when talking to someone on speaker. My right ear is also been weak at hearing since I was younger so I can never understand anything clearly in that ear therefore my left one was the dominant ear for phone calls until I lost my hearing. Tips on what I can do?

Just curious, it's probably a dumb question but how do you all listen to music? With headphones? I ask because I was implanted in my left ear so that made my left ear completely deaf, if I were to put headphones in that ear, I wouldn't hear a thing. Is there something that you can essentially hook to your processor to hear? 

Same thing goes for the phone. I can sort of make it out when talking to someone on speaker. My right ear is also been weak at hearing since I was younger so I can never understand anything clearly in that ear therefore my left one was the dominant ear for phone calls until I lost my hearing. Tips on what I can do?

• HearPeers Heroes

Terrific resources at

Www.handsonhearing.com

And

You Tube channel called

LifeWithMyMedEl

Both by Jeff Campangna- Med-El user and employee.

I listen to music many ways:

Through speakers

Over the ear headphones

DAI cables

Silhouette T hooks

I use phones by staying on M and holding the phone over the processor mics.

Best of luck to you.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Duplicate post. Please look for the active thread.

• HearPeers Heroes

I just play mine on my iPad and listen. I have used the dai cable as well. I'm bimodal so I have an ha in one ear and implant in the other so I can't use t hooks. Plus my hearing in the unimplanted ear is so poor I couldn't even use the neckloop with another adl. So I stick with just my iPad!! I love hearing music again!!

• 3 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I am a musician with a home studio, I want to use headphones but now I am bimodal. I would still like to hear using each device like I do with my iPhone and Quattro 4.

Looking for creative ideas. Any other musicians out there?

• HearPeers Heroes

BOSE over the ear noise cancelling headphones work great.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Jdashiell,

If your HA has a built in T-coil, then you can use headphones with no problem - just put headphones over  your CI and HA and switch CI to the T mode. Your HA also could have the special program with T mode (my model had that on the button #3). Or like Mary Beth advised, use headphones in M mode. Whatever you like :)

Best,

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have no problems using headphones and hear quite well. The DAI cable is another option for you as well as the Quattro or an FM system. I think each person is different and might prefer one over the other. Try different options and see which works best for you. If you can report back to the group what you found works for you, this could help others that have the same question