FINALLY!!!

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Not sure what happened but I've been trying to log on for a while now. There was some type of glitch. We assume it had to withe the new update to the site. This has been a very busy for me as well. I hope all my peeps are doing well and I'm looking forward to getting to know the newer folks. 

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome back Adam!  I missed you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah! - Welcome back Adam :ph34r: 

There are lots of new members... ^_^

• HearPeers Heroes

That is awesome, can't wait to get to know everyone

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth,

i missed you guys as well. Life got in the way and I could only juggle so many balls

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, hopefully we won't lose you anymore...!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm glad life has eased up a bit so you can join us again.

• HearPeers Heroes

I missed you too!! Been a long time!! How are you doing? 

• HearPeers Heroes

i am doing very well new hearing. Pretty excited that I might make the year mark without a surgery. Sept. 2nd will be a full year with no hospitalizations or surgery. I haven gone over a year in over 16 years. Could use a break.

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations Adam! It hasn't been16 years but I have for the last 5. I know it feels like all I do is see drs. I'd really like a vacation that wasn't in a hospital! ?? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Here's wishing a hospital free remainder of 2016 and all of 2017 to you both!

• HearPeers Heroes

Amen Mary Beth!!!! Kay, I know how you feel. Pretty sad when the ER and OR staff know you by name. 

I am believing this will continue for both of us. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, I have missed birthdays, anniversaries, holidays...pretty much any special occasion you can think of.

we just have to be very thankful for the knowledgable doctors and technology which keeps us ticking. 

On that note, THANK YOU IVANA for all you do for your community, and MED-EL. Without you, I wouldn't have the gift of hearing that I do. Granted, I could go to another company but why not settle for the best

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Kay, 

do you have a cochlear implant? I don't believe we have met. I have been out of the loop for a bit. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like. 

You Bionic buddy,

adam

• HearPeers Heroes
44 minutes ago, Adamfit said:

Yep, I have missed birthdays, anniversaries, holidays...pretty much any special occasion you can think of.

we just have to be very thankful for the knowledgable doctors and technology which keeps us ticking. 

On that note, THANK YOU IVANA for all you do for your community, and MED-EL. Without you, I wouldn't have the gift of hearing that I do. Granted, I could go to another company but why not settle for the best

Ouch Adam - ☺️

I was just watchin' the house while you were wandering around. ?

Regarding Med-El - I agree. My decision to go for an implant was one of best decisions in my life. It wasn't easy but it was wortwhile - actually, just this afternoon I made decision what should do further with my engineer. It's never-ending story...;)

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Adamfit said:

i am doing very well new hearing. Pretty excited that I might make the year mark without a surgery. Sept. 2nd will be a full year with no hospitalizations or surgery. I haven gone over a year in over 16 years. Could use a break.

Huh... This was pretty tight schedule... If you just throw a coin on the side - you'd be a rich man. Well... You're now - with life experience. I remember last year: me, learning for my board exam and you in the hospital - waiting patiently what will happen...:(

• HearPeers Heroes
51 minutes ago, Adamfit said:

Kay, 

do you have a cochlear implant? I don't believe we have met. I have been out of the loop for a bit. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like. 

You Bionic buddy,

adam

Your famous welcome - now I know, you are here to stay! :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary Beth Agreed!  Adam, I came on hearpeers just as you stopped. I hoped it wasn't because of me! ?

I got my  CI  in June and was just acivated July 14th. Scarry decision but I'm glad I made it. Last Thursday I went back to have a mapping and was told I am doing very well. I may be going back before the 2 months are up to try to get the motor sounds softened though . I'll give this mapping a little time and see what happens.  I  actually took my processor off when I was driving the other night the motor sound was so loud I couldn't stand it! 

I think I was ready for the CI long before I got it. Even though I have a long way to go I am still hearing much  better than I was! I wore 2 ha for many years until about 4 years ago when my left side went totally in less than a month. Since then I have gradually been losing my right ear as well and rapidly the 2 weeks before surgery. I have dropped out of many activities because of it and am anxious to get some of these back as my hearing improves. Especially my music! That one actually brought me to tears. 

I know what you mean about missing birthdays holidays etc. Not fun, but without the dedication of the wonderful medical people I have been privileged to meet I would not be here. I am eternally grateful!  Glad you're doing better. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Kay, we have VERY similar hearing journeys. I'm sure you've already been told about the 3 P's. Music and the phone took the longest to come back for me. I can remember standing in front of the worship team as they practiced and not understanding anything but the drums. I thought I was never going to be able to enjoy music again. That couldn't have been further than the truth. You will get there. It just takes some time.

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Adamfit said:

:D:D:D

Yeah! - Like the title of this topic says.... FINALLY! There is a time for everybody for something...