How to change the magnet...

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

Hands-On - How to change the magnet: 

• 2 weeks later...

It is too bad that it doesn't come with the extra magnets or the magnet tool. It is something I will consider buying shortly.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, I believe that intention was mostly focused on the audiologists; but - would you go there just for magnet changing...? ^_^

Colin - how long do you have your BB already? Do you feel you need extra magnet strength?

• 6 months later...

I have been to the audiologist a couple of times for magnet change - very inconvenient - but the audiologist has told me that the tool is not provided to the clients.  Why is this so?  It would be great to let the user have a bit more independence to be able to change the magnet strength as we get used to using the device.

• HearPeers Heroes

With Rondo procesor I can change it easily, Medel box come with 2 & 3 strength. 4 strength is not recommended by my audi.

• HearPeers Heroes

Janine, this is a guess on my part but it might be for safety reasons. The skin flap after surgery is very delicate. If too much pressure via a magnet that is too strong is applied to the skin flap, it can potentially cut off blood flow to the area causing damage. Once all the swelling goes down, your Audi will have a much better idea of the proper strength magnet to keep the coil in place. It can be frustrating but luckily you know it won't last. 

Adam