Marta

Marta

Even my implant was done in the Uniklinic of Frankfurt Germany. Was a great experience the surgery. But not so much the appointments before the surgery, the waiting and the way that the receptionist treated you was not the greatest. And the other appointments after the surgery were the same.
I felt once they did the implant they can care less about you. Like any other hospital in the world. Been Germany and as a German descendent I honestly was hoping for a better experience.     

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sorry that your experience with your CI team was not pleasant.  It is important to have a good relationship with our CI audiologists as we must work together to get the best possible MAPpings.  How are things going with your CI?

• HearPeers Heroes
On 20/08/2016 at 7:48 AM, Marta said:

Even my implant was done in the Uniklinic of Frankfurt Germany. Was a great experience the surgery. But not so much the appointments before the surgery, the waiting and the way that the receptionist treated you was not the greatest. And the other appointments after the surgery were the same.
I felt once they did the implant they can care less about you. Like any other hospital in the world. Been Germany and as a German descendent I honestly was hoping for a better experience.     

Huh Marta - hello from Croatia!

I would also like to hear how are you doing and when - did you get an implant? How your rehabilitation is going on and - when did you loose your hearing?

Regarding your feelings, sometimes everything changes into a feeling when medicine become - industrial facility. That's why we cherish surgeons and teams which observe us as human beings with their feelings and their fears. Especially in these moments we are sensible. More than else. That's why it is important to have specific support.

So, Marta - please, write here as much as you feel you need: we'll try to help although we are far away. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Marta! Welcome to Hearpeers!! We are here as bionic buddies to support one another so please let us know how you are doing?!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Marta

i am sorry things are going a little rough for you. I understand the frustration as I have had many hospital experiences, some great and some not so great. It can be hard for some folks to relate to patients if they have not gone through the same situation. Try to focus on friends and family. Maybe bring them with you to mappings. Feel free to touch base with us here as Morast of us in one way or another have been in the same situation. I am really hoping things get better for you. 

Adam