Rondo 3 and work telephones

PamelaSisco

I am Deaf with Bilateral Implants. My previous were Opus but I upgraded to Rondo 3. I have had SO MUCH more difficulty with the Rondos. I cannot hear as well and have trouble with connectivity. 

However, I am hoping to get all these issues fixed in the new year. I would like to work in customer service in an office setting. Can Rondo 3 be connected to office phones? This is my biggest hurdle in working in customer service.. not being able to answer the phones and make appointments. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@PamelaSisco

How did you use office phones with your OPUS2?  Rondo3 has ways to connect to various audio sources.  The difficulty with phones is that they usually require a two way connection- a way for us to hear the audio AND a way for others to hear our voice.

I have never been able to do it..but I had hoped that with upgraded technology I would be able to. Wondering if anyone in this group is able to work in office atmosphere where answering phones is required. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@PamelaSisco

I have friends with CIs who work primarily on phones in offices.

A lot depends on the phone system.

It is easier to find solutions when wearing a BTE processor as the headphone can be positioned easily over the BTE processor mics.

Some people forward the calls to their cellphones which then use speech to text.

Holding the phone over the Rondo3 mics is an option but not hands free.

If the phone is BT, you could use an Artone3 MAX BT neckloop.