Walk4Hearing

kellylee

Does anyone in the US plan on going to any of the Walk4Hearing walks? They just announced the 2013 dates so you should find a walk near you! www.walk4hearing.org

I've never gone before, but I am planning on attending this year and am really excited about raising money for a cause that is near and dear to my heart!

Personally I have never made it to a Walk for Hearing event, but having said that I know a ton of people that have gone. They absolutely love it, I live in Delaware and happen to know of people from NJ that go to the Philadelphia, PA walk. It's an all day event and entire families and work groups attend. I've seen videos of past events and all sorts of people go from little kids all the way up to grandparents. It's a huge event and likely the different chapters or areas are covered by the media. It's a great way to get people to understand and notice how many people across the board are affected by hearing loss/deafness.

Mere

Maybe you could start a walk in Alaska!!! I know they do them in the lower 48. I would suggest contacting HLAA or the Walk4Hearing contact and find out how to get a walk in Alaska. I've been to Alaska and it's a beautiful state. Lots of hiking trails and wonderful history and people.

Meredith

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

where were the dates and locations posted? would love to know if they have one near me. I live in Charleston SC

Adam

Hi everyone,

To see the upcoming 2013 Walk4Hearing schedule and locations, visit the HLAA's Walk4Hearing page here. (See left side of page.)

Since the MED-EL USA headquarters is in Durham, NC, a large group from the staff as well as local implant recipients, family and friends will be attending the Walk4Hearing event in Clemmons, NC on October 12 (our walking team is the MED-EL Super Hearoes) to raise awareness and support for hearing loss. Details on how to join the MED-EL Super Hearoes walking team will be provided later this year. MED-EL will also have a presence at the other Walk4Hearings around the country. If you attend, be sure to stop by the MED-EL table.

To find out how you can get involved in your area, please contact HLAA (contact info at the above link). Hope to see you at a Walk4Hearing!

You will enjoy the Walk!  Adam, we both have similar HOH history.  I just got implanted in Dec. & doing great!  I have been on the Walk several times in the past 10 yrs up in Boston.  Always a great opportunity to meet good people for a good cause!  And do chat with Ronnie Adler who organizes it!  She's a great person!

• HearPeers Heroes

Laura,

I cant wait for one. hopefully a little closer to home. I am origianlly from upstate NY but live in Mt. Pleasant SC just outside of Charleston.

• 1 month later...

I will be going to Houston in November and would be glad to meet up with anyone else!

I plan on being at the one in Clemmons, NC.  I went last year and it was a lot of fun!  Highly recommend it to anyone thinking about attending.

My son and I went to the Walk4Hearing last year and had a great time! I think there were around 400 people and they raised approximately $40,000! Clemmons, NC is close to Winston-Salem. We'll be at the next walk on Oct.12.

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW $40,000.00 That is awesome!! looking forward to one down my way.

If anyone needs an excuse to visit Southern California, the walk here in Long Beach is June 9th.  It's a beautiful location near The Queen Mary ;-)

• HearPeers Heroes

Camille, be sure to take plenty of pictures and post them. obviously living on the other side of the country, going is out but I'm sure we would all like to see how things went.

We will have a Walk4Hearing event in Jacksonville, FL on Saturday, November 9.  Kickoff Lunch is September 21. Go to our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Walk4HearingJacksonville?fref=ts or our website: www.hla-jax.org

• HearPeers Heroes

Judy, that is only about 4 hours away from me. I might look into heading that way.