Home sick

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Whelp, I have spent the last couple of days  home from work. Started about 10 days ago with a cold. Pretty intense ear pain. Then the voice went. 

I finally broke down and went to the doctor once my ear started draining. 

Mad it turns out, I have bronchitis, sinus infection and a now ruptured eardrum due to ear infection. I have been ordered to not say anything for a few days to rest my vocal chords. I'm sure Lori and Michael are enjoying the quiet.:lol:

lanning to return to work on Saturday. My o2 levels only dropped to 90% so my inhaler is fine. I will need to ease back into things. 

Yes I shouldn't have waited so long but it was only a cold. My son gave it to me. Nothing like some forced relaxation to start the week.:wacko:

• HearPeers Heroes

Well feel better!! Allergies have got me down for now. Drinking dandelion tea to help. 

• HearPeers Heroes

We are getting there. Still have laryngitis. Head back to work tomorrow

• HearPeers Heroes

You waited up to the moment you get an eardrum rupture because of ear drainage? :rolleyes: - I am certainly, not happy... :o

Oxygen saturation dropped to the 90% level...? :blink::o:o

• HearPeers Heroes

Uhm am I in trouble?

actually I didn't realize the 02 was that low. I could tell it wasn't right though. That and the ear kinda made me think it was time to go. 

• HearPeers Heroes

It does sound like you waited way too long to get some attention, Adam. Glad you're feeling better. Incidentally, I have an appointment with my audi and will have my surgeon check my implant. I had some stitches that didn't disolve as they should have the last time I went and he took care of them but I think I may still have another one causing my trouble. Most of the time it is not a problem and evendors when it is it isn't terrible, just annoyingly uncomfortable.  Thanks. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm glad you will have your surgeon check it out Kay.  I hope it gets resolved quickly.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kay, I have had that happen before. With the stitch still in and the swelling down some, it can get cat and pull. Pretty irritating but I hope that is what it is as that's an easy fix.  Good luck

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, non-resorbable stitches can sometimes cause problems - the best is, show it to your surgeon. ;)