compatibility with HA to Sonnet

mgfiest

As I wait for my CI... I was wondering on the compatibility with my HA when I get my CI.

Currently my left ear HA is my sole provider of hearing the right ear HA is mostly for noise recognition so that it would get my attention to look that way.

When I get my CI it will be going into my right ear and from what I read, it will likely be my sole provider of hearing if all goes well.

Will my left ear HA be a problem child in my learning process with my CI or will it be helping the process?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello,

There are some CI users who do great with a HA in the other ear.  That's called bimodal.  Some CI users stop using the HA after their performance with the CI makes the HA of little help.  This varies from person to person.

check with your audiologist about how much to use your HA after activation.  Each CI center follows a different protocol about that.

best of luck.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi I am bimodal. For me it works ok. The other ear (not implanted) gives me about a 15% increase in speech recognition. For now. So I keep it in. 

• HearPeers Heroes

This mostly depends on the situation of lower frequencies. If there is no evidence of usable hearing with HA, there is no use of wearing it. Instead of that, a CI is employed as soon as better....