Info

Dave in Pittsburgh

I will be having my CI surgery in late October I was told I would need the other ear done soon , as the hearing has gotten worse.

As do last week I have little to no hearing in my ear, hearing aid not working cannot hear tv or phone thru Bluetooth device,how soon would a second CI  sugery could take place. This is really secary 

• HearPeers Heroes

Cintipgh,

time frame from one CI surgery to the next is really up to the doctor, patient and when you can schedule it. Some hospitals allow bilateral surgeries meaning having both done at the same time. My hospital does not allow that so I had bilateral sequential surgery. Mine were a couple months apart. 

Talk to your CI team and they can let you know what they are thinking. Hope this helps

adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello and welcome,

i also had sequential CI surgeries.  Mine were done 8 months apart but that was just how things progresses for me.  A lot of people have their second surgery 6 months later.  Some people get both sides done at the same time.

feel free to ask any questions you may have.  Best of luck to you.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Cintipgh said:

I will be having my CI surgery in late October I was told I would need the other ear done soon , as the hearing has gotten worse.

As do last week I have little to no hearing in my ear, hearing aid not working cannot hear tv or phone thru Bluetooth device,how soon would a second CI  sugery could take place. This is really secary 

Answer to your question depends solely on your surgical team and - insurance company. But - getting an implantation doesn't mean just switching on so you'll be able to hear at once. There's need a lot of hard work to progress up to the successful result or usable hearing.