Interesting encounter today

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

So on my way home from work, I had to stop by the grocery store. I walked in the door and as usual, this would be the time my processor batteries decide to die. Of course I didn't have any in pocket. So I get in line and thankfully the cashiers lips were easy to read based on her interaction with the customer ahead of me. 
It was now my turn. She looked up at me, noticed my processors and without hesitation, she started signing (American sign language) to me. I about fell over. What a relief! We had a nice conversation ( her son is deaf) and I was on my way. What a VERY pleasant surprise.

sometimes  ( ok all the time) I try to squeeze every ounce of power out of my batteries. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool encounter.  It is strange though that both of your processors had batteries die simultaneously.  Even though I start both processors off with new batteries at the same time, they never die at the same moment.  Interesting.

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth 

One started to go on my way inside. A few minutes after it died, the other went. I already had a cart so just dealt with it. 

I am normally like you though. Sometimes there can be a couple hour difference. 

• 4 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I see her frequently now and will usually go through her line. We get to have a nice conversation in ASL.