Mri and ci

Danthewolf007

Been looking for information on what implants can be worn in the machine and so far I only found info on med el.....ab leads me to think that the only good thing they got going for them is the use of aaa battery's and a waterproof case.

• HearPeers Heroes

Med -El's Synchrony implant can handle MRIs at 3.0 Tesla levels.  If a MRI is needed of the part of the head that would have an unclear image due to the implant, the magnet can be removed- replaced with a spacer and then reinserted.

Med-El's Sonnet processors are water resistant.

In waterwear covers, the Sonnet and the Rondo are waterproof.

I have been swimming with my Rondos in waterwear covers many times.  I love it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Synchrony was also tested at the strength of magnetic field of 7T and nothing has happened...:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Really?!  WOW.  I have one internal concert so I am limited to 1.5.  But that is great for people who only have Synchrony implants.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Well.. ok, but right now you do not actually need such a strong MF for a decent diagnostic research...;) 

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Earlier versions of implant I believe can handle 1.5 T MRI.  I would get specifics from MEDEL on this. What Ivana and Marybeth shared about the syrchrony is the same info I have found. 

I usually just opt for a CT scan. It isn't as detailed an image with a CT scan but in my case it is enough so that's what we go with. 

Thankfully Sept. 2nd 2016 was a full year since my last surgery. I haven't gone that long without a surgery in 16 years. Now we are up to 16 months and still going strong. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hoping for an extra long surgery-free stretch for you Adam!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Adam! Long time no talk. Glad to hear you are well. I'm also well and have had my one year already!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

We are just coming out of a very busy time at work. You guys will be seeing more of me. Congratulations on your year anniversary. I was surprised how fast that first year went

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth,

we are too! This is the best I have felt in a very long time. 

The issue is I could feel great today but wake up tomorrow morning needing brain surgery. Things can turn that quick. We are believing for a long stretch for sure. You definitely learn not to take anything for granted

• HearPeers Heroes

For sure! But keep up the good work.