Jeri Posted October 17, 2016 Report Share Posted October 17, 2016 Just finished my last bit of tests before I confer with the surgeon regarding getting the bilateral implants today. Balance test went well, the tech said. What fun, having water squirted in your ears! My MRI took longer than i anticipated. Luckily for me, the surgeon ordered an open MRI (because I'm claustrophobic) and also ordered contrast (which surprised me, I have read many articles and most indicated contrast is not needed) However, whatever helps the surgeon get the best look at my ear structure, I won't complain. Both have said the test results will be at the surgeon's office in the next day or two. So now I will be anxiously awaiting word when I can get in to see him. I must admit, I'm swaying back and forth between excitement and "Oh no,what have i got myself into". I do wonder, however....can we do the surgery before the Pneumax vaccine is given? I just had the Prevnar 13 vaccine on Oct 1, and can't get the Pneumax until Dec 1. This will push not being able to get surgery until mid December, too close to holiday vacation for my grandchildren (whom I watch when they are out of school). Has anyone had to do that; postpone the 2nd vaccine and get it after surgery? Or is that even possible? I know, I need to ask the surgeon, but I'm curious. I was told the vaccines are not mandatory, but they prefer I have them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.