Headphones

Dave in Pittsburgh

I will be having my surgery for the CI on Thursday. I now use headphones over my hearing  aid to hear the 

TV,cell phone and on the iPad to watch programs.

Will I need to still need to use headphones 

Thanks

Dave

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the Hearpeers. :)

You should be more specific - you ask if you will need headphones after the implantation in which particular moment?

Hope you are aware of the process of aural rehabilitation you will have to go through after the implantation in order to achieve wanted level of speech understanding. This is tiring process but - fruitful. Only, you need to have enough patience to endure whole process...

Yes I am aware of the aural rehabilitation but just don't know what to expect 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Dave,

Well that is the $10,000 question.  Smile.  Everyone's journey is unique so no one can tell you what to expect.  What you hear at activation, in the following weeks and months, will be unique to you.

I do not use any assistive devices to enjoy the TV or to speak to anyone on the phone.  My CIs function great for those items.  To listen to audiobooks, music, etc on my iPad so as not to disturb others I use a BlueTooth neckloop which sends the sound via BlueTooth from my iPad to the neckloop and then via induction (telecoil) to my processors on T or MT.

I wish you the best on your CI journey.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

By the way, over the ear headphones will work great with Sonnet processors too if you find you want to use them.  I use them when flying.  No feedback issues!  Smile.  Great sound quality.

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Dave

have you found some headphones that work well for you? If so, which ones and what are the positives and negatives?