New batteries not detected?

zpawelz

Hey again,

I return with a small question. Sometimes, right after I change batteries into a new set I can still hear processor beeping like nothing have changed for it. I have to open battery module and close it again to start working normally. The first weird symptom that something is wrong, is when I don't see green diode blinking after I change batteries. Nothing blinks even when I hear beeping in my ear. Or sometimes I see a green diode blinking at the start but then it changes into a red colour (when I already wear processor). So generally I always have to open again my battery module after I change batteries because otherwise, the processor won't work properly. I have been using Siemens batteries for a couple of months, but I don't think it's batteries fault because I have also used sets from other companies with the same result. Anyway, I am going to "tuning session" in December so I will surely ask about that, but just wanted to know if you have maybe experienced something similar.

Old batteries beeping (red light) >> you change them into new one >> diode is blinking green / not blinking >> you close the battery module and wear processor >> again you hear processor beeping >> open and close again and everything works as it should.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, many people have commented on this issue with the Sonnet processors.  For me, I switched to a different brand implant battery and the problem was fixed and has stayed fixed for 5 months so far.  Other people had Med-El replace the battery cover and some other people had Med-El replace the battery pack.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have had this issue. I found actually I needed a new battery cover and frame. The cover has three little grooves in it and the were worn away. I had the battery cover switched out too. No problems for me now. 

Thanks. Yes, I think I can see that maybe one of these grooves is worn so that's maybe this.

Hi Zpawelz, thanks for reaching out to our HearPeers community. This is not something that should be normally happening with your processor and so I recommend getting in contact with your local MED-EL Representative for assistance with this. I will be sending you their details in a private message. Kind regards, Leigh