hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Larry S

I have been reading a lot of the posts on this forum and am very thankful for all the information I am getting , I received my implant, a med-el, last month on the 8th of November, I'm   scheduled for activation on the 16th of December. I am looking forward to hearing again. I'm 71 years old and had hearing problems since my 20's. Once again I would like to thank all the people on this forum for all their useful information,

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Larry S

congratulations Larry!  The fun begins at activation!!!

Which CI center are you using?

Hi Mary Beth,  Thanks for your reply, I'll receive my activation at Pittsburgh Ear in Wexford PA, After reading all the posts on this forum i'm looking forward to my activation on Friday. Thanks again for your encouragement.

• Like 2

My activation was better than I expected, I could understand every word the audiologist said. Although nothing sounded normal, Very robotic. I look forward to doing my homework so the sounds become more normal. I'll have my next appointment in a couple weeks

Welcome larry! Have fun with sounds! I actually had fun while at first seeing and hearing the voices of my family, the cute sounds wore off the more i chatted with them.

Enjoy! 

Let us know how its going!!

@Larry S hello Larry i live In Pittsburgh I also went to Pittsburgh Ear Im bilateral first operation was2016 and second 2018 ,you are a few years younger than me  I’m 77 years

If you wish we could meet at a Panera and talk

My Emil is dratermann1234@gmail.com

Dave

Hello from Peoria, AZ USA. I was directed here by Med-El. I've worn HA's since I was 21. Started out mild loss, then progressed to moderate/severe/deaf as I've aged. Trying to learn all I can about CI and to see if I qualify for CI which I think I do.

I'm 45 and living with my mom. In public she's quick to tell people "she's deaf/doesn't hear well" and by all appearances act like the doting mom. Behind closed doors its another story. I get that it's frustrating living with someone with a hearing loss. But yelling does not make a HoH person hear better.

There are so many reasons why aim starting on this journey, but it's mainly person to regain some of what I've lost by hearing loss. I want to soak up all the info I can so I can make educated decisions about my hearing journey.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@DeafblindinAZ

You will find a lot of helpful info on the forum.  Feel free to ask questions.  We are a friendly group.

Hi @DeafblindinAZ 

Welcome to CI experience.  I could relate to things you wrote because I've been there, going through hearing loss like you. I'm bilaterally implanted, received my first CI at 42.  I'm wishing you best of luck in your journey.  Happy New Year!

• Like 2