Writing fiction involving CI's

audiodef

I'm working on a speculative fiction story in which cochlear implants play an important role. (I have bilateral implants myself.) Is there anyone knowledgeable - engineer or even someone versed in detail about the innards of CI technology - who would be willing to field some questions from me? I have nothing specific in mind right now, but would like somewhere to go while trying to work out any technical details in my story. Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, audiodef said:

I'm working on a speculative fiction story in which cochlear implants play an important role. (I have bilateral implants myself.) Is there anyone knowledgeable - engineer or even someone versed in detail about the innards of CI technology - who would be willing to field some questions from me? I have nothing specific in mind right now, but would like somewhere to go while trying to work out any technical details in my story. Thanks!

I would advise you to contact Hadron from this forum, or perhaps Vernucci Anthony from the unofficial FB MED-EL CI Group. ;) 

On 11/28/2016 at 6:53 PM, audiodef said:

Hi! If you let me know your questions, I can pass them onto our CI Product Management team and they may be able to help with answering them. Kind regards, Leigh