Hello !! From a wet & damp Spain!!

Tracey_66

• HearPeers Heroes

It can be frustrating process for sure. I understand they have to look at every option. I think the whole process is a lesson in patience

• HearPeers Heroes

Hm... Not sure if these trials are worth of trying... If it doesn't work - it doesn't work... Miracles happens only when we help them making to happen, and CI is far from that.

Back to reality... I have heard a colleague at a congress from Spain who mentioned that different hospitals have different way of getting CIs. He didn't touch any detail, but I concluded between the lines it's a very complex path.
If hearing aids does not help much - it is illusion even think about it. Perhaps you can consult another consultant...? Reading your lines, every scenario is possible... ??

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion.

most doctors would not have a problem with it.

they like to be thorough and want to make absolutely sure there isn't a hearing aid out there that might benefit you.

some doctors just stick with FDA guidlines for say word scores I believe it is 50%. I would have to look that up. My doctor really doesn't like to do them unless you are in the 40% range.

some people would score , as I did, 0%. For me and I'm sure most that go through the process, it's a no brainer as long as anatomy looks good. I believe it is the folks that still have residual hearing, that they really want to make sure

Just as an update.

Another appointment, . As I´m not in a position to buy a hearing aid  especially at a price of 1,400 euros. Today, I had two consultants, both looked at the recent hearing assessment and review on the hearing aids by the audiologist. It was interesting to note that the two consultants in front of me , did not agree with the audiologist comments, at all !!!... To cut a very long story short, one of the hearing aids was much younger in date and technology, soo, under the insistence of the two consultants, we are salvaging it, revamping it some how.... New ear mould made. It was originally for my right ear, it is now going to be switched over to be used for my left ear.....

Now having to wait for a WhatsApp message from the audiologist to pick the hearing aid up.....but it is not going to ready in time for my next appointment next Friday.......just have to hope for the two consultants that they will be available in time.

I also had a lip reading test ...in Spanish. I recognised only two out of I think, 15 questions. Ironically, my Spanish isn't that bad even when lip reading, but today I did have problems, as it was a different person that I was not familiar with.

So be interesting what next Friday will be and what will I be doing next!

• HearPeers Heroes

Great update Tracy! It is a long and arduous journey. But keep you chin up!! You're doing great!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Tracy, definitely chin up! No pasaran! ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Couldn't agree more...[emoji3]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

Keep plugging away Tracy! You are doing a great job of advocating for yourself and being involved in the process. Well done!