How to connect external baterry pack to...

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I'm trying External Battery Pack. I decided do it to connect devices as phone, mp3 and others. The problem I have is you need an aditional cable to connect EBP with devices, but "Where is it?"

Is it an aditional accesory? I can not see it on MED-EL list

• HearPeers Heroes

The mini battery pack for the Rondo, Sonnet or Opus2 processor?

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary, I 'm user of Rondo.

Curiously, I read some minutes ago on MED-EL website that Rondo has an integrated telecoil to connect a lot of devices (wireless), but really I don't how to. I don't find nothing on user guides.

http://www.medel.com/rondo    Go to "Connected section"

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Valentin,

Yes the Rondo has built in telecoil.  On your Fine Tuner remote you can change from M (Rondo mic only) to MT (both Rondo mic and telecoil) to T (telecoil only).  If you want to listen to sound from a BlueTooth device, you can use a BlueTooth neckloop like the Artone 3 MAX.  You pair the BlueTooth device to the Artone 3 MAX, wear the neckloop around your neck and switch the Rondo to MT or T.  Adjust volume by changing the volume on the device, the volume on the neckloop and if needed also the volume on your Rondo.

Some people use silhouette music hooks with their Rondos successfully by placing the hook between the Rondo and the Rondo's rubber protective piece.  Then they plug in the silhouette to a headphone jack.

One person I know found metallic ear bud headphones that attach onto her Rondos and she uses those plugged into a sound source.

You may also attach the Rondo to its mini battery pack and then use the DAI/Euro audio cable to plug into sound sources.  

There are many, many options.

Check out Hands On Hearing.com as well as LifeWithMyMedEl YouTube channel and of course Med-El's own YouTube channel. 

Best of luck

• HearPeers Heroes

By the way, the cable you are looking for is the Med-El DAI/Euro cable.  It comes in two varieties (red jack is a 90/10 sound mix and yellow jack is a 50/50 sound mix).  It comes in unilateral or bilateral styles.  You must get this from Med-El directly.  The red jack (90/10) is most popular.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary, I can see you have experience in this.

Is it the sound good on tthis system via bluetooth? I have seen all youtube videos and on Youtube (recommended for all looking for this issue).  Really very interesting. I read also Adam post about Quatro.

Do you know about "Univox DSL50" showing on video? I'm looking a solution for TV, computer, phone...? Do you think this is a right solution for me?

• HearPeers Heroes

The room loop system is great for TV.  I have listened to a room loop system and it has great sound.  You must be on MT or T to pick it up.  I know a few people who have looped their living rooms for TV enjoyment.

Remember though that as long as that loop system is on and you are inside or just outside that loop, you will not be able to use T for other sources (like a phone or neckloop).  You would have to make sure the room loop was not on to use a personal neckloop inside that roomloop or even just outside of it as it bleeds over a bit.

There are much easier solutions for computer listening.  You can connect the computer via BlueTooth to a personal neckloop (Artone 3 MAX or Quattro 4) and then wear the neckloop and set your processor to MT or T.  I do this daily to do aural rehab or listen to audiobooks/podcasts from my iPad.

You have lots of options for phone use.  I think we may have discussed those already but if I'm mistaken let me know and I will list some ideas.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you again Mary. Really, good and extensive explanation for this.

For all users that read this thread. It is very instructive visit Youtube channel commented by Mary above. I'm sure you will clear your mind about this issue.