Rondo 3 and Analog Wired Phone Connectivity

MelAtWork

Hello- 

I am looking for a solution to connect the Med-El Rondo 3 Audio Processor (via bluetooth) to an analog wired (antiquated) desk phone in the workplace. The wired phone is currently a Toshiba Dp5022-C-SD and has no audio jack. It does have an RJ14 Headset jack.  Is there a way anyone could suggest?  Also open to the idea of a bluetooth enabled wired analog desk phone, but having trouble finding such a model in Canada (ideally it would have a voice mail message waiting light (VMWI) and 'flash' or 'link' compatibility to still work with our analog lines).  AudioLink is not enough in this situation , as I have no way to connect the audiolink to the phone.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@MelAtWork

This is a challenge for sure.  The issue is that you need audio to work both ways.  You need to hear the caller BUT they also need to hear you.

As far as BT connections to Rondo 3 …

1) Artone 3 Max BT neckloop with Rondo 3 in flight mode and the telecoil adapter attached

2) Rondo 3 with wired mini battery pack and a Roger X (02) receiver plugged into the Euro jack AND a Roger Pen BT to phone (expensive option but avoids needing to go in flight mode or on MT)

3) Around the ear BT headphones that fit comfortably over the Rondo 3.  ( @Roy Louis Smith is able to use headphones with Rondo. )

4) BT flat headband speakers with a return mic like CozyBand

https://www.cozyband.com/products/cozyband

The above 4 options have mics to pick up your voice for the caller.

Unfortunately, I do not have a landline work phone suggestion.

Thanks Mary Beth- 

If I could plug the Audio Link into the phone (looking at a VEC TRX20 or LRX 35 adapter to do this) , would the AudioLink transmit BT to the Rondo? And the user could use the phone headset to talk into? Or would a neckloop be required to connect Phone-AudioLink- Neckloop- Rondo 3? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MelAtWork

The AudioLink transmits via proprietary 2.4 connection to the Rondo 3.

The big obstacle to using a 3.5 jack on a phone is many times it is audio out only.  Whether the phone will still allow you to speak into the handset depends on the phone.

But if holding the handset is acceptable, you can just position the phone over the Rondo 3 mics to hear as well.  I do that with my Rondo.  It takes a bit of practice but Telephone With Confidence allows us to practice listening on the phone.

https://www.cochlear.com/us/en/home/ongoing-care-and-support/rehabilitation-resources/resources-for-adults/telephone-with-confidence