Activation video

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey my bionic buddies

did anybody video their activation? If so, would you like to share with the community. I don't know about you but I love watching them. They can be a source of inspiration for somebody not yet implanted. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I chose not to videotape my activation.  There is so much emphasis on what happens at activation that many people are disappointed when their activation goes differently.  I look at activations as starting points in all of our journeys.

It's important for people to realize that those who hear speech at activation do not necessarily function any better than those who do not hear speech at activation once everything stabilizes.  I think this is often overlooked.

• HearPeers Heroes

I actually didn't choose to film it. I think that it is a 2 way street in a way. 

Each persons activation is different. On one hand, somebody could feel a sense of optimism and hope for the future. Then again some could go into their activation with higher expectations than are reasonable. Not all the activations are perfect and I've seen some of those.

That being said, I think they are good to share, looking at the big picture. I totally understand your thought though mary Beth.

i think it would be good to stress that each potential candidate do a lot of research in possible outcomes during activation, then do more research. Don't leave any stone unturned and try to become as educated as you can.