New CI user from North Carolina

Ricky W

I had my Med-el implant surgery done at Chapel Hill on December 15th My activation was December 30. When they turned it on I could understand every word the audiologist said 100%. After day 2 the robotic sound went away and voices are more natural. My only issue is streaming music or audio or even listening to a TV, that sounds robotic. I was given 4 programs to start out and have to be on number 4 in a month I'm already on number 3. I would recommend Chapel Hill to anyone needing a CI there world class.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky W

So happy you are off to a terrific start!  Which processor are you using?

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Sonnet activation in 2021 also from CH NC . So far quite well I’m still working on issues like restaurants, group conversations & listening to music 🎶 with headphones. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Ricky W Congratulations on getting off to a great start!  I understood a few words from a direct connection of a radio today for the first time (day 5 post-activation.) Given that you are at Chapel Hill, did you get a post-op CT image to help the Audi do setup?